This project is aimed at training government officials in the cooperation project creation, design and management of the Government of Haiti. The aim was that the Haitian administration managed to have experts, but also to have concrete, viable and sustainable projects, in priority topics and areas of the country and for international aid.
More than 40 officials were formed from the Ministry of Planning, the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Public Works, apart from professors of public universities.
The participants created cross-cutting projects that integrate the various vertical ministries and projects of the competences of each ministry. The projects carried out were:
- Plan de Retention de Ressources Humaines au niveau de l`Hopital la Providence des Gonaives.
- Promotion du sel iodé pour l`élimination de la Carence en Iode en Haiti.
- Renforcement des capacités du Ministère de la Planification et de la Coopération Externe (MPCE).
- Création d'une banque de projets à l'Unité de Pré-Investissement du Ministère de la Planification et de la Coopération Externe.
- Appui à la gestion durable de la Forêt-des-Pins.
- Amélioration de la Production Laitière" Ministère de l'Agriculture.
- Scolarisation de 25 000 enfants dans le departement du Sud-Est.
- Amelioration des resultats obtenus aux examens officiels de mathematiques de sixieme annee de l´Ecole Fondamentale pour le departement de l´Ouest. ( Ministère de L'Education nationale).
- Projet Ministère des Travaux Publics, Transports & Communications (MTPTC).
- Formulation et Gestion de Projets de la Coopération Internationale.
The project in Haiti provided on a short-term with an important group of experts to formulate and manage projects of international cooperation, trained to deal with a solid knowledge and with proven and applied tools in all phases of cooperation project creation and management. There were also projects created by the participants themselves. Counting with these professionals and implementing their projects especially in the state and public areas covered are the basis of a development and an important advance in the country in priority areas for the national and international community and before donor and cooperation agents.
FUNIBER contributed to the smooth implementation of the project at the local level in Port-au-Prince (Haiti) with:
(i) knowledge, expertise, technology and social capital in the creation, design, management, implementation and closure of the project;
(ii) experience in offshore training and its instructional adequacy to the dynamics of the country;
(iii) virtual spaces and good practices for online studies, cooperative work and collaborative work;
(iv) support for the design of development projects and economic growth of the country; and,
(v) experience in creation of national projects of citizen participation, social integration and human development.
The project was carried out granted by the Spanish Agency for International Cooperation (AECI of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, Spain).