Master in Strategic Telecommunication Management
The business management that takes place in a global society dominated by new services based on Information Technologies and Telecommunications demands companies, organizations, institutions, and everyday activities connected through Telecommunications Networks.
The knowledge of new developments in the field of telecommunications will allow the business manager of the 21st century to be able to raise organizational, technological, commercial and financial innovations in order to ensure optimal levels of competitiveness in the new interconnected global market.
The Master’s Degree in Strategic Management in Telecommunications (MDETel), addresses the need to have a comprehensive knowledge of the different technological possibilities of today’s and future's networks. Special attention is given to the different services that networks and telecommunications provide and to the new business opportunities that they offer to the business fabric. The program provides the foundations for business innovation based on the proper management and alignment of organizational strategies with the strategies of Telecommunications.
The importance of holding a degree in Strategic Management and IT
In order to unite the broad field of Management with the theory and applied knowledge of the Business Strategy with a global vision of society, and a strong analysis of the role of Telecommunications in the strategic processes of new economy’s organizations, there is a demand on solid training which is suitable for:
- Giving a broad vision of the relationship between Telecommunications and society.
- Giving a complete overview of strategic thinking from business planning to its deployment in Telecommunications strategies.
- Understanding the intimate relationship between business processes, organizational systems and ways of working with the Telecommunications world (highlighting the networks, Telecommunications and the Internet).
- Providing theoretical knowledge on Telecommunications linked to the tools and methods that are in use, and international experiences related with the strategic management.
- Overcoming the own problems as well as critic ones that may arise from any activity linked to organizational change processes caused by the implementation of Telecommunications.
Central concepts of the program: Strategic Management in Telecommunications
While the Strategic Management leads to knowledge about how to correctly run a company, and Telecommunications leads to knowledge of the networks’ potential, when joining them together, a new space is created, one which hosts Business Administration with Telecommunications Management. This new space allows for two things.
1. Understanding the strategic direction aligned with the ICT and Telecommunications. In this case, the new forms of management and corporate administration are better understood, for they arise due to the presence of Telecommunications networks and services.
2. Applying the Strategic Direction to the management of Telecommunications networks and services. In this case, you get an overview of the telecommunications business when they are considered a strategic resource and the foundation of many new businesses.