Nowadays, management training is essential for personal development. Not every advance in a professional career can be exempt from a high-level management training to enrich the professional curriculum in a formal manner that complements the experience.
Work demands nowadays, in a highly competitive world, do not allow time off work for long periods of time or simply the high speed of change obliges that businesses require a professional to be updated continuously in short periods of time.
Associate's Degree / Specialization in Strategic Management is a response to these needs and is aimed at achieving a solid background in Business Administration and Management for those who have the decision to enrich their professional training with solid knowledge and management skills.
Who is the programme for?
The methodology of the proposed training, coupled with clarity, amplitude and didactic content design, allows aiming the Strategic Management program to professionals from different areas, with or without experience in the field. The program is for those who wish to extend and consolidate their knowledge to apply it to the workplace or who are pursuing career towards the strategic direction in order to enhance their career.
The successful completion of the Program will allow the student to obtain the degree of STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT, issued by the University where he or she has registered.
That estimated duration for implementing the Strategic Management program is 480 hours (48 credits) a.
Regarding the distribution of the time it is established that:
- Being a distance program and not subject to classroom attendance, a concrete start date is not set, so that students can enroll at any time, provided that space is available.
- For academic or educational purposes the program has a minimum period of six months.
- The maximum time available to conduct the program is one year. In this time period, the student must have delivered all assessments relating to the subjects and the Case Study and Resolution, in the case of the Specialization, Post Graduate or Expert, the Final Project.
The credit structure of the Strategic Management Program is included in the following table:
|1ST Part: Subjects||38||9||380|
|2ND Part: Final Coursework||10||3||100|
a. The number of credits varies by the university granting the degree
b. Duration in months
- Provide a solid formation in Business Administration and Management for those who have the decision to enrich their professional training with solid knowledge and executive skills.
- Understand the whole process of the administrative functions and business processes.
- Understand the role of ICT in business management.
- Know the tools and techniques of strategic management.
- Know the strategic management process integrally.
Some of the career opportunities of the Strategic Management program:
- Functional manager.
- Area Director.
The Strategic Management program consists of 10 subjects, and in the case of the Specialization, Post Graduate or Expert, a Final Coursework or Project called Final Specialization Project.
- 1ST PART: SUBJECTS (380 HOURS)
The subjects provide knowledge and understanding of Strategic Management, from its theoretical, conceptual and historical foundations, to its organizational, administrative, social and economic implementation.
The objective is to obtain a global, comprehensive and holistic view of Strategic Management.
Relevant subjects and hours that make up the program are shown in the following table:
|1ST PART: SUBJECTS|
|1||Business management and administration||40|
|2||Cost Management and Control||30|
|4||DStrategic Management and Planning||40|
|5||Strategic Management of Human Resources||30|
|6||e-Business and its Integration with Corporate Management Systems||50|
|8||Project Planning and Management||40|
|9||Engineering, strategy and management of ICT systems||40|
|10||Organizational Management and Leadership Techniques||30|
These subjects, despite being independent of each other, are self-contained and are structured according to a consistent pedagogical order. Each is divided into basic thematic units or chapter, the content includes printed material to be studied to satisfactorily answer the various assessment activities.
- 2ND PART: FINAL SPECIALIZATION PROJECT (100 HOURS)
In the case of Specialization, Post Graduate or Expert, the last phase of the program is devoted to the development of the Project.
|2ND PART: FINAL SPECIALIZATION PROJECT|
|1||Final Specialization Project||100|
- Dra. Silvia Aparicio.
Doctora en Ciencias Económicas por la Universidad Autónoma de Madrid y Licenciada en Administración y Dirección de Empresas por la Universidad de Cantabria. Directora Académica Internacional del Área de Desarrollo Directivo, Organización Empresarial y Recursos Humanos de la Fundación Universitaria Iberoamericana, FUNIBER.
- Dr. Cristina Hidalgo González
Doctor of CC. Business Administration from the University of León. Professor of the Department of Applied Economics at the University of León.
- Dr. Rubén Calderón Iglesias
Doctor of Economics from the University Antonio de Nebrija, Spain. Professor of International Ibero-american University.
- Dr (c). Carmen Lilí Rodríguez Velasco
Doctorate in Education, International Ibero-american University (in process). Master in Occupational Psychology and Organization at the University of Havana, Cuba. International Academic Coordinator from the Management Development Area, Business Organization and Human Resources, FUNIBER.
Teaching staff and Authors
- Dr. David Barrera Gómez. Engineer Doctor from the Polytechnic University of Cataluña and MBA from the Superior Technical School of Industrial Engineers of Barcelona, UPC. Business consultant, technology and business solutions. Professor of International Ibero-american University.
- Dr. Roberto M. Álvarez. Doctor of Project Engineering, Polytechnic University of Cataluña, Spain. Master in Project Management and Design, Polytechnic of Milan, Italy. Professor at the University of Buenos Aires, Argentina. Professor of International Ibero-american University
- Dr. Sergio Balarezzo Saldaña. Rector of Investigation of the University of Piura. Peru
- Dr. Francisco J. Hidalgo Trujillo. Doctor in Engineering Projects: Environment, Safety, Quality and Communications, Polytechnic University of Catalonia. Advisor and consultant of organizations. Analyst of strategic processes and business development.
- Dr. Manuel Maeda Takeuchi. Professor of Engineering and Business Administration Programs, University of Piura, Peru. Management Experience in Administration, Corporation Projects, Administration Operations and Administration and Finance.
- Dr. Cristina Hidalgo González. Doctor of CC. Business Administration from the University of León. Professor of the Department of Applied Economics at the University of León.
- Dr. Olga Capó Iturrieta. Doctorate in Engineering Projects: Environment, Safety, Quality and Communication at the Polytechnic University of Cataluña Responsible of the Projects Area of the Institute of Agricultural Research (INIA), Chile.
- Dr. Eduardo García Villena. Doctor in Engineering Projects: Environment, Safety, Quality and Communications, Polytechnic University of Cataluña. Academic Director of the Environment Department of the Iberoamerican University Foundation.
- Dr. Rubén Calderón Iglesias. Doctor in Economics from the University Antonio de Nebrija, Spain. Professor of International Ibero-american University.
- Dr. Salvador Rus Rufino. Doctor in Philosophy, from the University of Navarra. Doctor in History from the University of León. Professor at the University of León. Director of the Department of History of Family Business, University of León.
- Dr (c). Saúl Domingo Soriano. Doctor candidate at the University of León. Master in Business Management from the Catalan Institute of Technology in Barcelona. Master in Consulting and Information Technology e-Business from the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain. Director of Master Final Projects and Specializations, FUNIBER.
- Dr (c). Diego J. Kurtz. Doctorate in Engineering and Knowledge Management by PPGEGC - UFSC (in process). Master in International Business - Wiesbaden Business School, Germany. Investigator for Core Sustainability Management (www.ngs.ufsc.br) and Junior Investigator of Project Dynamic SME (www.dynamic-sme.org). Program Coordinator and Professor of FUNIBER.
- Dr (c). Julién Brito Ballester. Doctoral in Projects, International Ibero-american University (in process). Master in Occupational and Organizational Psychology from the University of Havana, Cuba. Master in Human Resources Management from the Autonomous University of Barcelona. Master in Systemic Coaching from the Autonomous University of Barcelona. International Consultant and Expert on Human Resources Management, Training, Development and Professional Skills.
- Dr (c). Andrea Gutiérrez Jiménez. Doctoral in Projects, International Ibero-american University (in process). Masters in Human Resources and Knowledge Management at the University of León, Spain. Program Coordinator and Professor of FUNIBER.
- Dr (c). Carmen Lilí Rodríguez Velasco. Doctorate in Education, International Ibero-american University (in process). Master in Occupational and Organizational Psychology from the University of Havana, Cuba. International Academic Coordinator from the Management Development Area, Business Organization and Human Resources, FUNIBER.
- Dr (c). Daniela Torrico Villarroel. Doctoral in Projects, Marketing investigation, International Ibero-american University (in process). Máster in Business Administration (La Salle Business Administration). Master in Marketing and Business Distribution (Polytechnic University of Catalonia). Program Coordinator and Professor of FUNIBER.
- Dr (c). Lina Pulgarín Osorio. Doctoral in Projects, International Ibero-american University (in process). Master in Integrated Management: Prevention, Environment and Quality, Polytechnic University of Cataluña. Program Coordinator and Professor of FUNIBER.
- Ms. Antonio Vega. Diploma in Administration and Direction from ESADE. Master in Human Resource management and Consultancy in Organizations from the University of Barcelona. Coach and Consultant in Strategic Planning, Leadership and Organizational Development. President in Humanize Foundation.
- Ms. María Eugenia Luna Borgaro. Masters in Human Resources and Knowledge Management at the University of León, Spain. Expert on Human Resources Management and Management Skills. Professor of FUNIBER.
FUNIBER Training Scholarships
The Iberoamerican University Foundation (FUNIBER) allocates periodically an extraordinary economic item for FUNIBER Training Scholarships.
To apply, please fill out the information request form that appears in the web of FUNIBER or contact directly the Foundation’s headquarters in your country that will inform you if you need to provide some additional information.
Once the documentation is received, the Evaluation Committee will determine your application's eligibility for the FUNIBER Training Scholarship.