Training is seen as an organized, long-term process aimed at developing individual skills and maintaining them over time.
But training properly is more important than spending the maximum amount of training possible.
Training is, therefore, a complex process where there is no single component more important than the others. Hence, the importance of structuring and acquiring deep knowledge, for children to adults, in any sports discipline. Optimal result arises when different multidisciplinary concepts come together to create a set that optimizes performance.
This study program provides broad and specific training from its initial foundation to professional and amateur adults by responding to the need of those professionals involved in sports training. This has become an important demand, especially with sports planning being so important for all types of sportsmen and women.
The main purpose of the Specialty in Sports Trainer is to be an expertise program of academic standing, which through a logical, progressive and rational sequencing of the necessary contents focused on the development of knowledge, research and practical application, the competences and skills to solve the daily problems are forged in response to the needs that the different processes of sports training entail depending on the context to which they belong.
Who is the programme for?
The proposed training methodology added to the clarity, comprehensiveness, and didactics of the content design, enables the Sports Trainer program to be aimed at:
- Sports professionals interested in complementary and specific training in sports coaching.
- Professionals related to initiation and sports training who desire practical specialization in sports training, athlete evaluation, and performance optimization.
- Other professionals who want to complement their training in sports training to expand their career opportunities.
The successful completion of the Program will award the student with the degree in Specialization of SPORTS TRAINER.
After the program has been successfully completed, the student will receive the degree as issued by the University where they are enrolled.
The estimated duration for completing the Sports Trainer program is 1 year.
Regarding the schedule:
- Being a distance learning Program and not subject to in situ classes, there is no specific starting date, by which the student may complete the enrollment process at any time provided there is available space.
- The maximum time available to complete this Program is 12 months. During this time, the student should have submitted all the corresponding evaluations and the Final Course Project.
The Specialty in Sports Trainer is composed of 4 modules:
Module 1: Human motility delves into a theoretical and practical level under the athlete’s functional assessment, as well as studying the basic foundations of human motor-skills
Module 2: The Sports Training Process contextualizes sports training under a theoretical and practical training framework
Module 3: Transversal training elements are related to other areas that contribute to better performance through a multidisciplinary work.
Lastly, the FINAL PROJECT is developed in module 4.
The distribution of the modules is described in the following table:
|Module 1: Human Motility
|Module 2: Sports Training Process
|Module 3: Transversal Training Elements
|Module 4: Final Project
a.The equivalent value of credits can differ according to the university that grants the degree.
b. Duration in months
- To train specialists with an expertise in the main areas of sports training knowledge, to contribute improving professional performance through the acquisition of new theoretical knowledge and its tools on a practical level, helping to provide tailored attention to athletes, both individuals and teams.
- Having a global vision of the different aspects related to sports.
- Mastering the multidisciplinary nature of sports.
- Strengthening the theoretical-methodological basis of sports training from initiation to sports performance, with an emphasis on those activities that favor logical thinking and scientific reasoning.
- Developing the skills, aptitudes, attitudes, and abilities to effectively implement knowledge management in the fields of sports training.
- Assessing the importance and introducing the educational process in the professional work in relation to individual and team sports.
- Managing the athlete's training process through multidisciplinary teams in different scenarios, considering the current scientific and technological advances in the area.
- Developing the athlete’s leadership and managerial skills, aptitudes, attitudes, and abilities in diverse situations.
- Establishing effective communication and leadership with the sports environment, from athletes to the rest of the members of the sports paradigm.
- Contributing to the practical development of sports training to respond to the athlete’s real and potential needs as applied to a real-world context.
- Promoting research aimed at professional exercise.
Some of the career opportunities of the Sports Trainer Program are:
- Sports professionals who wish to specialize in sports training.
- Professionals who work in Gyms, Associations, Federations, etc., and wish to acquire knowledge and guidelines for training programming and planning.
- Personal trainers.
- Coaches from Sport Organizations in any type of sports.
- Other professionals from the health area who want to complement their training in the sports field.
Duration of the Study Plan
With an academic load of 50 credits, the Specialty in Sports Trainer program has a one-year duration divided into two semesters.
The calendar of academic activities is shown in the following table:
- MODULE 1: HUMAN MOTILITY
|MODULE 1: HUMAN MOTILITY
|Athlete’s Functional Assessment
|Fundamentals of Motility
|Technical and Tactile Training of the Athlete
|Designing Assignments and Managing Variables in Team Sports
- MODULE 2: SPORTS SPECIALIZATION PROCESS
|MODULE 2: SPORTS SPECIALIZATION PROCESS
|Training Theory and Practice
- MODULE 3: TRANSVERSAL TRAINING ELEMENTS
|MODULE 3: TRANSVERSAL TRAINING ELEMENTS
|New Technologies Applied to Physical Activity and Sports
- MODULE 4: FINAL PROJECT
|MODULE 4: FINAL PROJECT
Note: The subject content may be subjected to slight modifications due to updates and improvements.
- Dr. Maurizio Antonio Battino. Director of the Health and Nutrition Area of the Iberoamerican University Foundation. Researcher in Biochemistry and professor at the Scuola di Specializzazione in Scienza dell'Alimentazione. Professor at the Università Politecnica delle Marche.
General Academic coordination
- Dr. Álvaro Velarde Sotres. International Coordinator of the Sports Area.
- Dr. Irma Domínguez Azpíroz. International Coordinator of Health Areas.
Teaching staff and Authors
- Dr. Felipe García Pinillos. International Doctorate in Sport and Physical Activity Sciences, University of Jaen. “Ad-honorem” Professor at the European University of the Atlantic. Specialized in the analysis, biomechanics, and performance optimization in middle and long distance athletes.
- Dr. Álvaro Velarde Sotres. Doctor in Health Projects. Master in Prevention and Retraining of Sports Injuries. Master's Degree in Teacher Training in the Specialty of Physical Education. Graduated in Physical Activity and Sport Sciences. Professor at the European University of the Atlantic.
- Dr. Carlos Lago Fuentes. Doctor in Sports Science, Physical Education and Healthy Physical Activity from the University of Vigo. Master's Degree in Research in Physical Activity, Sport, and Health from the same university. Specialized postgraduate education and experience in the field of performance optimization in team sports.
- Dr. María José Daniel Huerta. Doctor in Pedagogy and Professor, University of Salamanca.
- Dr. Luciano Mesa Sánchez. Doctor of Science in Physical Culture. Senior Lecturer at the University of Camagüey.
- Dr. Antonio Bores Cerezal. Doctorate in Sport and Physical Activity Sciences. Professional football physical trainer.
- Dr. Juan Carlos Redondo. Doctor in Physical Activity and Sport Sciences from the University of Valladolid. Senior Lecturer of the Musical, Arts and Body Expression Didactics Department, University of Castilla-La Mancha.
- Dr. Carlos Pablos Abella. Doctor in Psychology. Senior Lecturer in the Sports and Physical Education Department, University of Valencia.
- Dr. Pedro Ruiz Solano. Doctor in Psychology. Senior Lecturer in the Sports and Physical Education Department, University of Valencia.
- Dr. Pedro Ruiz Solano. Doctorate in Physical Activity and Sport Sciences from Alfonso X University. Lecturer at the European University of Madrid.
- Dr. David Casamichana Gómez. Doctor in Sports Sciences from the University of the Basque Country. Physical trainer, professor, and researcher.
- Dr. Marcos Chena Sinovas. Doctorate in Sport and Physical Activity Sciences. Professional football physical trainer.
- Dr. Diego Marqués Jiménez. Doctorate in Sport and Physical Activity Sciences. Football coach at Deportivo Alavés.
- Dr. (c) Víctor Luis Escamilla Galindo. Doctoral Student in Sport and Physical Activity Sciences, University of Zaragoza.
- Dr. (c) Martín Barcala Furelos. Doctoral student in Physical Activity, Physical Education, and Sport at the Pontifical University of Salamanca (Spain). Level 1 Football Coach Qualification. Specialist in team sports training.
- Ainhoa Bores Arce. Graduated in Physical Activity and Sport Sciences. Master's degree in research in physical activity and sport.
- Daniel Romo. Graduated in Physical Activity and Sport Sciences. UEFA Pro Level 3 football coach qualification.
- Alejandro Trujillo Mascó. Degree in Physical Activity and Sports Sciences. Analyst and scouting for RCD Mallorca.
- Daniel Salvador Vega. Graduated in Physical Activity and Sport Sciences. Master's Degree in Physical Preparation in Football.
FUNIBER Training Scholarships
The Ibero-american University Foundation (FUNIBER) periodically delivers an economic baseline with extraordinary character for scholarships in FUNIBER Training.
To apply for it, you only need to send your application for a scholarship on the website’s main page with the required data, and the evaluation committee will examine the suitability of your candidature to be granted economic aid, in the form of a scholarship in FUNIBER Training.