The main goal of the RAUDOS2 project (file number: TSI-020302-2010-67) is the generation of the necessary knowledge to create a social network to access the multi-platform and multi-technology audiovisual contents.
A user of the RAUDOS network interacts with a series of apps of a playful or educational nature, which allow to win points and increase the online balance, with the help of virtual characters. This interaction can take place in any device connected to the Internet (computer, cell phone, decoder, TV with widgets, DVR, interactive kiosk, etc.).
The user has available two audiovisual content catalogs: amateur and professional. The amateur catalog has available contents generated by the user with the RAUDOS system editing tools. These editing tools are adapted for each one of the devices from which it is possible to access the system.
With the balance available online, the user can access the professional audiovisual content catalog.
Any experience in the RAUDOS system interaction: activities, content creation and content display can be shared on the Internet, creating an immense multi-platform social network.
The RAUDOS project’s main idea is to create a system that takes advantage of the network’s potentialities to legally disseminate audiovisual content, generating a new audiovisual content distribution model.
The RAUDOS project means an innovation regarding the operation of audiovisual content consumption systems, since it is not a Video On Demand system, but a free audiovisual content consumption system.
Besides, the project does not only imply a functional or conceptual update, but also presents a technological innovation for this content consumption system entails technological innovations in these areas:
- Social and collaborative contents: Users will be consumers and content producers (prosumers) at the same time, this concept arises in fields related to the social networks and the social Internet, RAUDOS grabs this concept and transfers it to the RAUDOS system.
- Contextual advertising. The project RAUDOS will also research on contextual advertising, which consists of choosing advertisement from the analysis of the audiovisual material content.
- Recommendation systems from Environmental Intelligence. Because the users taste and needs are not always the same but change depending on the situation and context, Environmental Intelligence joined with the RAUDOS’ recommendation system will allow the user to obtain an audiovisual content recommendation that is better adjusted to the user’s tastes and needs.
- ANDAGO CONSULTING
- DIGITAL 360
- INSTITUTO PARA EL DESARROLLO DE PROGRAMAS UNIVERSITARIOS S.A
- ASOCIACIÓN INDUSTRIAL DE OPTICA, COLOR E IMAGEN,AIDO
- UNIVERSITY DE LAS PALMAS DE GRAN CANARIA
- UNIVERSITY DE VIGO
- UNIVERSITY CARLOS III DE MADRID
- ACTIVA SOFTWARE
- CBT COMUNICACIÓN MULTIMEDIA
Budget: 2,3 million
Co-financed by: Ministry of Industry, Tourism and Commerce.