Standard or conventional medicine is known as one that uses medical treatments that are scientifically proven, and therefore considered effective and safe. Apart from conventional medicine, there are also alternative and complementary ones.
This program aims to introduce medical school graduates to therapies that are in the greatest demand: nutrition, aromatherapy and phytotherapy.
Who is the programme for?
The Phytotherapy, Aromatherapy and Nutrition program is designed for natural health professionals and those interested in unconventional therapies who wish to:
- Expand their education in the Biological-Naturopathic area.
- Apply biological and naturopathic therapies in the treatment of diseases.
- Expand on information about illness from a more holistic point of view.
- Acquire tools for their profession.
Successful completion of the Program will enable you to be awarded the degree in Phytotherapy, Aromatherapy and Nutrition.
After successfully completing the Program, the student will receive the degree as awarded by the University where they have enrolled.
Regarding the distribution of the time it establishes that:
- Being an online program and not subject to classes, there is no established initial date so students may enroll at any time, provided there are spaces available.
- For academic or educational reasons a minimum program attendance of at least three months is required.
- The maximum time limit to complete the program is nine months. In this time period, the student must complete all assignments.
The credit structure of the Phytotherapy, Aromatherapy and Nutrition program is shown in the following table:
|Dietetics and Naturopathic nutrition||15||4||150|
|Phytotherapy and Aromatherapy||10||3||100|
a. The equivalence in credits may vary according to the university that grants the degree
b. Length in months
- To provide the necessary knowledge for understanding the main guidelines of biological medicine and naturopathic medicine.
- To learn the applications of nutrition in health in different physiological and pathological conditions.
- To learn the applications of aromatherapy in health in different physiological and pathological conditions.
- To learn the applications of Phytotherapy in different physiological and pathological conditions.
- To facilitate updated knowledge through the new information and communication technologies, by means of a personalized teaching-learning tutored process.
The training program is divided into 3 main parts:
- 1ST PART: INTRODUCTION (100 HOURS)
A brief introduction to the history of biological-naturopathic medicine and the biological view of organ dysfunction is described.
The subjects and the corresponding hours that make up the first part are shown in the following table:
|1||History of Biological-Naturopathic Medicine||30|
|2||Biological View of Organ Dysfunction||70|
- 2ND PART: DIET AND NUTRITION (150 HOURS)
The role of nutrition in the prevention and treatment of diseases is presented. It is important to establish a foundation of knowledge in order to understand the factors related to nutrition and food.
The corresponding subjects and hours that make up the second part are shown in the following table:
|2||Nutritional Status Assessment||35|
|3||Nutritional Needs of the Human Body||35|
|4||Naturopathic Food and Food Sensitivity||45|
- 3RD PART: PHYTOTHERAPY AND AROMATHERAPY (100 HOURS)
Phytotherapy and aromatherapy are two alternative therapies to consider in the prevention and / or treatment of common diseases.
The corresponding subjects and hours that make up the third part are shown in the following table:
- Dr. Carlos Llopis Martínez. General Secretary of the European Foundation for Traditional Chinese Medicine. Department Director of Traditional Chinese Phytotherapy from the Higher School of TCM.
General Academic Coordination
- Vânia Alexandre. Coordinator of the Area in Natural Health.
FUNIBER Training Scholarships
The Ibero-American University Foundation (FUNIBER) periodically designates discretionary funds destined for scholarships in FUNIBER Training.
To apply, it is only necessary to submit an application for a scholarship on the website’s main page with the required information, and the evaluation committee will examine the eligibility of each candidate to be granted economic aid, in the form of a scholarship in FUNIBER Training.