Over the past few years, societies and economies of the countries have entered into periods of constant change. At the same time, companies assume greater competition in an increasingly internationalized world, and its cycles are increasingly rapid and frequent. The global connectivity, the increase in life expectancy, new technologies and the excess of information are some of the factors that are reshaping the way of thinking and working, as well as the way of creating added value.
In this changing context, new organizational forms emerge where hierarchy and bureaucracy are no longer the priority, but more collaborative relations and leadership decentralized and humanistic orientation approaches. The game rules are changing and now, more than ever, it is necessary the continuous adaptation to change and to the new unstable and uncertain sceneries. However, there are opportunities if we are able to address them with creativity and innovation.
The Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) trains leaders who know how to deal with this increasingly versatile environment and who are able to provide up-to-the-minute solutions. They will develop a business vision, multi-functional skills, that will detect and promote flexible interconnectivity, lack of complex problem-solving and capacity to work in multicultural teams. The program has a practical and applied approach, and it is focused on social skills that are increasingly important to the business management, along with the learning of knowledge and experiences oriented to practice and action.
Who is the programme for?
The Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) is aimed at qualified professionals willing to carry out positions of Senior Management and develop a professional career in any of the company's major departments: marketing and commercial management, human resources, finance and accounting, information systems, management or general management, etc.
To have access to this master’s degree, the applicant must be in possession of a university degree or equivalent.
The successful completion of the Program will allow the student to obtain the degree of MASTER IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA), issued by the University where he or she has registered.
Each student has the possibility of obtaining a professional certification as a Certified Project Management Associate (Level D) through the cooperation agreement between FUNIBER with the Argentina Project Management Association (Asociación de Gestión de Proyectos Argentina, AGPA , and the Argentina IPMA Certifying Body (Organismo Certificador IPMA Argentina, OCIA).
To apply for the Certification Level “D” of the IPMA (Project Management Associate.) (*), the student should be enrolled for the certification and have completed Project Design Module. The certification consists of carrying out a test issued by the OCIA.
(*) Exclusive for student residents in America
For more information:
Regarding time allocation, in the Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA), it is established that:
- Since it is an online course, it does not have a specific starting date, so that the student can register at any time, provided that there is enough place.
- The maximum time available to complete this Master’s Degree is 24 months. In this period of time, the student must have completed all assessments relating to the subjects, as well as the Master’s Degree Final Project or Master’s Degree Thesis.
The structure of the Master’s Degree in Business Administration is presented below:
|Module 1: Organizational Foundations|
|Module 2: Business Projects|
|Module 3: Functional Areas|
|Module 4: Management Development|
|Module 5: Globalization and New Technologies|
|Module 6: Master’s Degree Final Project|
|TOTAL 90 CREDITSª|
a. One (1) ECTS credit (European Credit Transfer System) corresponds to 25 hours (10 class hours + 15 study hours). If students attending the program are enrolled in a university not belonging to the European Higher Education Area (EHEA), the relationship between credits and hours may vary.
- The aim of the Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) is to train professionals, executives and entrepreneurs in leadership and organizational, departmental and business project management.
- Providing the students a global, strategic and multidisciplinary vision, which is a key element to succeed in international and competitive environments.
- Deepening in the development of the management skills necessary for the business performance.
- Encouraging the innovation spirit as a strategic factor in the companies management.
- Providing tools for the correct financial, accounting and tax analysis.
- Developing skills for the management of the online and offline marketing.
- Reinforcing the importance of integration, cooperation and ethics within the company’s structure.
- Generating a network that may be useful to participants.
ONLINE LEARNING: Subjects are pursued within a virtual campus. It is the student who chooses when and where to carry out the activities.
BLENDED LEARNING: The MBA, in its blended version, involves studying some subjects through a virtual campus, and carrying out of intensive learning seminars and in-person sessions for those subjects related to the business project. Students from different countries, as well as specialized tutors, participate and work together in these in-person activities.
An annual in-person meeting (two in total) of 5 days duration each are held in April.
|Business Plan||Buenos Aires||Required in April(1st year)||
|Company Plan||Buenos Aires||Required in April(2nd year)||
The results show that the development of a Company Plan, which precedes the Business Plan, is vital for defining the essential aspects that favor success of a venture; for this reason, the blended MBA incorporates the Project Management tools to approach the process of creating a company as a project.
WORKSHOP OPTION: For those who wish to expand their professional network and maximize their academic experience, there is in an annual workshop in Santander, Spain of which you may participate in. This is an optional package not included in the program.
|Workshop||Santander, Spain||Optional in July||
Professionals who successfully complete the Master in Business Administration (MBA) will be able to carry out their tasks in positions such as:
- Managing Director
- Responsible for Business Strategy
- Area Director or Manager
- Project Manager
- Functional Manager
- Advisor or Counselor
- Business Strategy Consultant
The Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) is composed of 22 subjects, including the company plan, the business plan and the final project, in addition to activities such as workshops and case studies.
- MODULE 1: ORGANIZATIONAL FOUNDATIONS
The first module develops company knowledge: concept, types, importance, functional areas, hierarchical structures and the new trends in the management field. The student also develops the capacity to understand, assimilate and interpret the external environment to make right decisions through creating company strategies. It is addressed what is related to the need of companies of having managers who show a socially responsible and ethical performance.
|MODULE 1: ORGANIZATIONAL FOUNDATIONS|
|1||Administration and Business Foundations|
|3||Strategic Management and Planning|
|4||Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility|
- MODULE 2: COMPANY PROJECTS
Subjects included in the second block are aimed at creating and developing business projects regarding methodology, creating a business plan and its achievement in the company plan. The first subject is aimed at the specialized development of projects of any kind in the business administration field: investment, creation, improvement, cut, development, etc.
In addition to manage a business, the graduate from a MBA must know how to create it and start it up, for which in this subject a business plan and a company plan are developed with strategic, market, financial, operational and legal elements that contribute to make the entrepreneurship idea optimal and at a lower risk.
|MODULE 2: COMPANY PROJECTS|
|1||Introduction to Project Managing|
|2||Project Planning and Management|
This module may be studied either online or in the classroom. Choosing the Blended Learning Modality for the MBA implies that 1 and 2 are studied through the Campus with blended learning seminars, and 3 and 4 are studied through in-class workshops (see the “classroom activities” table).
- MODULE 3: FUNCTIONAL AREAS
The third block is aimed at developing the necessary competencies for a successful management of the functional areas of a company. First, it is addressed what is related to Human Resources processes: recruitment, selection, performance assessment, position analysis, training, remuneration, organizational growth, career plan and human resources audit. Knowledge on marketing is developed: Target market, potential market, market niche, product life cycle, market research, consumer behavior, decisions on price, place, promotion and product. It is oriented towards the production areas: purchases, providers, quality, productive process, job security, programming, supply chain and distribution of the facilities. They are developed competencies about how to calculate, manage, and make decisions on costs in different settings. It is addressed knowledge on financial management: basic financial statements, accounting principles, project evaluation, investment decisions and ratios elaboration.
|MODULE 3: FUNCTIONAL AREAS|
|2||Cost Control and Cost Management|
|4||Strategic Management of Human Resources|
- MODULE 4: MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT
The subjects of the fourth block are aimed at developing management competencies and skills for managers in strategic levels. In principle, its aim is that the student acquires a collaborative leadership vision, as well as a teamwork vision. It is addressed what is related to conflict resolution from their emergence until their resolution and everything that a negotiation process implies. They are developed competencies to lead people in an organizational and diverse field, as well as to guide their personal development through business coaching tools. Students are provided with tools to manage time in an efficient and effective way, as well as to carry out executive meetings. An essential skill in a manager of the 21st century is that he/she knows how to communicate and speak in public, for which effective communication strategies are developed, as well as techniques to correctly express oneself in public.
|MODULE 4: MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT|
|1||Team Management Techniques|
|2||Negotiation and Conflict Resolution Techniques|
|3||Organizational Leadership and Coaching|
|4||Time Management and Chairing of Meetings|
|5||Public Speaking Techniques|
- MODULE 5: GLOBALIZATION AND NEW TECHNOLOGIES
The fifth block is aimed at developing an international and technological vision of the managerial function. They are addressed topics on political, social, economic, technological, competitive and cultural environment, as well as the different types of international business, with emphasis on international trade. They are developed technological competencies concerning e-commerce and digital marking, as an opportunity to increase sales exponentially. It is shown the use and application of the Business Intelligence and the three large information systems. ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and SCM (Supply Chain Management).
|MODULE 5: GLOBALIZATION AND NEW TECHNOLOGIES|
|1||Globalization and International Business|
|2||Digital Marketing and e-Commerce|
|3||Business Intelligence and Document Management|
- MODULE 6: MASTER’S DEGREE FINAL PROJECT
The Master’s Degree Final Project (MDFP) is composed of 10 credits and it is carried out during the last semester of the Master’s Degree. In this important task, the student, guided by a tutor, must show the acquisition of competencies associated to the corresponding diploma.
This activity aims that students submit a complete file showing a project-proposal that responds to a detected need related to the Business Administration field. This work will be supervised by a director expert in the student’s study field.
|MODULE 6: MASTER’S DEGREE FINAL PROJECT|
|1||Master’s Degree Final Project|
Note: The contents of the academic program may be subject to slight modifications, depending on the updates or the improvements made.
- PhD. Silvia Aparicio. Academic and professor’s vice-chancellor in the European University of the Atlantic (UNEATLANTICO, Spain) PhD in Economics from the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid and Degree in Business Administration and Management from the University of Cantabria. Academic Director of the Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration at the European University of the Atlantic.
- Dr. Luis Dzul. Chancellor and Researcher of the Projects and Business area of the International Iberoamerican University (UNINI Mexico). PhD in Project Engineering by the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC, Spain). Diploma in Advanced Studies in Project Engineering by the UPC. Master’s Degree in Engineering by the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM, Mexico). Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering by the Universidad Autónoma de Campeche (Mexico).
- Dr. Roberto Alvarez. Director of the Innovation, Business and New Technologies Department of the International Iberoamerican University. PhD in Project Engineering, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (Spain). Specialist in Design Strategic Management, Project and Design Management, by the Politecnico Milano (Italy) and the University of Buenos Aires (UBA, Argentina). Architect by the UBA.
- Dr. Emmanuel Soriano Flores. Doctor in Higher Education from the Chapingo Autonomous University, Mexico. Master's Degree in Educational Innovation from the Pedro de Gante University, Master's Degree in International Business and Bachelor's Degree in Administration from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (graduated with honors), Postgraduate Degree in Financial Management and Accounting from the European Business School of Barcelona. Master in Business and Corporate Communication from the Isabel I University, Spain. Professor of Bachelor's and Master's degrees in various universities in Mexico in the areas of Human Resources, Strategic Management and Planning, Business Creation, Administrative Theory and Public Image. Online experience as Professor -and content design- at the Del Valle de México University, La Salle University and Iberoamerican University Foundation. Guest professor and researcher at the University of Barcelona. Author and co-author of several scientific publications. Speaker at International Congresses.
- Dr (c). Carmen Lilí Rodríguez Velasco. Doctor in Education, International Iberomerican University (in process). Master's Degree in Labor and Organizational Psychology, University of Havana, Cuba. Her professional career has been related to teaching, research and consulting in the field of organizational psychology and other related areas. Experience in the coordination of teams for the curricular design of academic programs and the creation of teaching materials, as well as the management and optimization of processes and procedures related to the design and implementation of academic programs in virtual learning environments. Wide participation in Workshops, Seminars, Congresses. Author and co-author of several scientific publications
Teaching staff and Authors
- Dr. David Barrera Gómez. PhD in Business Administration Engineering and Masetr’s Degree from the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain. Business, technology and business solutions consultant. Teacher at the International Iberoamerican University.
- Dr. Roberto M. Alvarez. PhD in Project Engineering from the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain. Master’s Degree in Project Management and Design, Polytechnic University of Milan, Italy. Teacher at the University of Buenos Aires, Argentina. Teacher at the International Iberoamerican University.
- Dr. Sergio Balarezzo Saldaña. PhD in Industrial Engineering from the University of Barcelona, Spain. Chancellor of Research and Teacher at the University of Piura, Peru. Researcher in the operations and projects management.
- Dr. Manuel Maeda Takeuchi. Professor of Engineering Programs and Business Administration, University of Piura, Peru. Management experience in administration, corporation projects, operations and finance administration.
- Dr. Cristina Hidalgo González. PhD in Business Sciences from the University of Leon, Spain. Holder Teacher of the Applied Economics Department at the University of Leon.
- Dr. Olga Capó Iturrieta. PhD in Projects Engineering (Environment, Safety, Quality and Communication) from the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain. Responsible for the Area of Projects at theInstituto de Investigaciones Agropecuarias (INIA), Chile.
- Dr. Salvador Rus Rufino. PhD in Philosophy from the University of Barcelona, Spain. PhD in History from the University of Barcelona, Spain. Holder Teacher and Director of the Chair of Family Business History, University of León.
- Dr. Jorge Crespo. PhD in Construction Engineering from the University of Barcelona, Spain. Teacher at the European University of the Atlantic, Spain. Consultant and Researcher.
- Dr. José Antonio Trigueros. PhD in Economics and Business Sciences from the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain. Teacher of the Department of Financial Economics and Accounting at the Miguel Hernández University (UMH) of Elche - Alicante (Spain)
- Dr. Juan Luis Martín Ayala. PhD in Psychology from the University of the Basque Country, Spain. Master’s Degree in Mental Health at the Universidad de Deusto, Spain. Expert on Family Mediation. Director of the Master's Degree in Mediation and Conflict Resolution and its specializations at the Iberoamerican University Foundation.
- Dr. Diego J. Kurtz. PhD in Engineering and Knowledge Management from the PPGEGC - UFSC. Master's Degree in International Business at the Wiesbaden Business School, Germany. Researcher at the Núcleo de Gestão para a Sustentabilidade (www.ngs.ufsc.br) and Junior Researcher of the Proyecto Dynamic SME (www.dynamic-sme.org). Program Coordinator and teacher at FUNIBER.
- Dr. Santiago Brie. Doctor in Projects by the International Iberomerican University (in process). Master in Project Design, Management and Administration by the University of León, Spain. Degree in Urban Environmental Management from the National University of Lanús, Argentina. Professor at the International Iberoamerican University.
- Dr. (c) Carmen Lilí Rodríguez Velasco. PhD in Education from the Iberoamerican International University (in process); Master’s Degree in Labor and Organizational Psychology and Degree in Psychology at the University of La Habana, Cuba. International Academic Coordinator of the Management Development, Business Organization and Human Resources Area, FUNIBER.
- Dr (c). Saúl Domingo Soriano. PhD candidate in Business Sciences, University of Leon. Master’s Degree in General Business Management, Institut Català de Tecnologia, Barcelona. Master’s Degree in Consultancy and Information Technologies, E-business, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria University, Spain. Director of Master's Degree and Specializations Final Projects, FUNIBER.
- Dr. Emmanuel Soriano Flores.Doctor in Higher Education Sciences from the Chapingo Autonomous University. Master in Educational Innovation from the Pedro de Gante University. Master and Bachelor’s degree in Administration from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (graduate with honorable mention). Post-degree in Financial Management and Accounting from the European Business School in Barcelona. Master in Business and Corporate Communication from the University of Isabel I. Professor in the International Iberoamerican University.
- PhD. Vanessa Yélamos Torres. PhD in Education, Iberoamerican International University (in process). Master’s Degree in Integral Coaching, Instituto Superior de Coaching de Barcelona. Accredited as a Professional Coach by ASESCO (in process). Master’s Degree in Systemic Coaching, Uiversitat Autònoma de Barcelona, together with the Instituto Sistémico de Barcelona, Spain. Degree in Psychology, University of Barcelona. Training in Systemic Constellations and Neurolinguistics Programming. Specialist in Coaching Techniques. Program with ACSTH certification by the ICF. Professional experience linked to online teaching in subjects such as Coaching, management of emotions, Leadership, Change Management. Experience as a psychologist and coach, offering online and face-to-face spaces, where the clients are able to carry out vital discovering, learning processes and personal and professional transformation. Participation in various seminars and workshops about Systemic and Transformational Coaching. Collaboration in educational projects. Complementary training in online spaces.
- PhD. Julién Brito Ballester. PhD in Education, Iberoamerican International University (in process). Master's Degree in Systemic Coaching, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. Master's Degree in Human Resources Management, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. Master’s Degree in Labor and Organizational Psychology, University of La Habana, Cuba. Her professional career has been linked to teaching, research and consulting in the Organizational Psychology and other related areas. She has mainly worked on academic coordination, teaching, recruitment, training and development as well as in the management and implementation of different consulting projects attending to different organizational intervention needs and change processes. She has been working on a line of research linked to the development of competencies.
- Dra (c). Andrea Gutiérrez Jiménez. PhD in Projects from the Iberoamerican International University (in process). Master’s Degree in Human Resources and Knowledge Management at the University of Leon, Spain. Program coordinator and professor of FUNIBER.
- Dra (c). Daniela Torrico Villarroel. PhD in Projects, Marketing research, from the Iberoamerican International University (in process). Master’s Degree in Business Administration (La Salle Business Administration). Master's Degree in Marketing and Commercial Distribution (Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya). Program coordinator and professor of FUNIBER.
- Dra (c). María Fernanda Figueroa. PhD in Projects from the Iberoamerican International University (in process). Master's Degree in Sports Strategic Management (Marketing, Finance and Taxation Management in Sports Entities) at the Universitat de Barcelona. Coordinator and Teacher at FUNIBER.
- Msc. María Eugenia Luna Borgaro. Master’s Degree in Human Resources and Knowledge Management, University of Leon, Spain. Expert in Human Resources and Leadership Skills Management. Teacher at FUNIBER.
- Mg. Gonzalo Prudencio. Master in Project Design, Management and Administration from the University of León, Spain. Degree in Business Administration from the Bolivian Catholic University. Professor at the International Iberoamerican University.
- Msc. Antonio Vega. Diploma in Business Administration and Management from ESADE. Master's Degree in Human Resources Management and Consulting in Organizations from the University of Barcelona. Coach and Consultant in Strategic Planning, Leadership and Organizational Development. President in Fundación Humaniza.
FUNIBER Training Scholarships
The Iberoamerican University Foundation (FUNIBER) allocates periodically an extraordinary economic item for FUNIBER Training Scholarships.
To apply, please fill out the information request form that appears in the web of FUNIBER or contact directly the Foundation’s headquarters in your country that will inform you if you need to provide some additional information.
Once the documentation is received, the Evaluation Committee will determine your application's eligibility for the FUNIBER Training Scholarship.