The course of Expert in Continuing Education Training offers those professionals who develop or wish to develop their teaching activity in the field of Continuing Education a training that satisfies both the development of specific skills, as to those generic competences currently required by the knowledge and information society.
In this sense, the established general objectives of the course are those where the student will be capable of:
- Design and schedule training activities according to the demands of the teaching context which the student carries out and the rest of the training activities that must be completed.
- Act as a guide and organizer of learning processes and not only as a mere transmitter of knowledge.
- Adapt the proposals and training actions to the individual characteristics and qualification needs of the employees under your direction.
- Properly evaluate both the formative process of the employees, as well as the acquired level of qualification and competence.
- Become conscience and evaluate your teaching performance in a manner which allows you to make decisions for the improvement of the training.
- Incorporate within said teaching, the changes that occur as a result of economic or technological developments.
- Carry out your tasks with autonomy and a critical spirit.
- Apply communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills in your performance as a professional.
- Organize and regulate your training process throughout the rest of your life.
Who is the programme for?
Trainers wishing to work in the field of continuing education, or if already doing so, improve their education.
The course in Expert in Continuing Education Training lasts 6 months and consists of a total of 24 credits. The degree is granted by The European University of the Atlantic
Un (1) crédito ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) equivale a 10 + 15 horas. Si el alumno cursa el Programa matriculado en una universidad no perteneciente al Espacio Europeo de Educación Superior (EEES), la relación entre créditos - horas, puede variar.
Method of study and learning
The program’s main features are flexibility and personal autonomy, continued advice of mentors and frequent interaction with peers and tutors. However this is achieved by encouraging motivation and allows students to plan a study schedule according to needs and time available to each one.
One of the main advantages of distance learning courses is that they allow more flexibility than regular classroom courses. Therefore, studies offered in this program are based on the premise that those enrolled wish to possibly invest a variable amount of time in studying. Tools such as forums, discussions and chats, and support from tutors, are motivating factors in study dynamic.
All content will be developed in the Virtual Campus with free Access by student’s no matter how advanced the course is. In turn, the student has the content on paper and carefully bound for quick, convenient and easy reading.
As indicated above, the student also has paper documentation in high quality material, pedagogically edited and in volumes to facilitate their work. This material has the following characteristics:
- The beginning of each printed subject includes an index.
- It includes a section for students to be able to do a quick summary once each topic is read and understood.
- These sheets are located at the end of each topic and identified by the title of Summary.
- It also offers self-assessment tasks, training component considered essential in reinforcing and consolidating essential topics studied.
Evaluations aim to optimize academic achievement and teacher performance of the teacher in training. This is done through examinations, papers and other parallel activities carried out during tutorials for each subject.
Tutors offer continued support and advice. In this sense, student-teacher actions are aimed at all times for students to feel supported in the learning process, both by their tutors as well as their peers. It is considered that collaborative learning is the basis of all academic progress and in this case, also professional. In the same line, we also encourage students to form working groups.
The course in Expert in Continuing Education Training is composed of the following subjects:
|Curriculum design, programming and skill development||4|
|Classroom learning methods||4|
|Creation, adaptation and evaluation of materials||4|
|Analysis of technological resources and creative design activities||4|
The curriculum has several qualities that place it as a quality program. This is achieved with an educational model that takes into account the numerous educational and pedagogical innovations that have emerged in the last decade, as well as observation of global change that are being experienced by the curriculum in the new millennium of Information Society and Communication.
Comprehensive Educational Method
- Printed study material: which is received at home in high quality volumes and the content are prepared by specialists in distance education, which ensures studying without relying 100% on the technology.
- Virtual Campus where experiences are shared with other members that make up the learning community through specialized areas of discussion carried out in forums and chats; an ideal complement to mandatory contents of study.
- Continued support by the Academic Department.
- Assessment varied and adapted to learning objectives of each subject.
FUNIBER Training Scholarships
The Iberoamerican University Foundation (FUNIBER) allocates periodically an extraordinary economic item for FUNIBER Training Scholarships.
To apply, please fill out the information request form that appears in the web of FUNIBER or contact directly the Foundation’s headquarters in your country that will inform you if you need to provide some additional information.
Once the documentation is received, the Evaluation Committee will determine your application's eligibility for the FUNIBER Training Scholarship.