The increasing application of the concept of "sustainable development" in all areas, responds to the call for meeting the needs of present generations without compromising the needs of future generations. To achieve this goal, knowledge of environmental problems, solutions and, above all, prevention.
From this perspective, under the sponsorship of the Ibero-American University Foundation (FUNIBER), universities, public institutions, international organizations and chambers of commerce, joined together in order to take the first step towards a more ambitious project which culminated in the implementation of the Program in Environmental Consultancy.
This program is essential for professionals who need to operate inside and outside the company, taking into account the sustainability of the resources to be used. Therefore, the Environmental Consultancy program provides the expertise to make the most appropriate decisions, based on ecological, economic and social criteria.
Who is the programme for?
The Environmental Consultancy Program is specially designed to satisfy two different types of groups:
- People without a university degree who may want a quality education in this field. for personal gain or experience,
- University graduates who, in addition to their basic training, want practical expertise in the environmental field to broaden their career opportunities.
Successful completion of the Program will enable you to be awarded the degree in Environmental Consultancy.
After successfully completing the Program, the student will receive the degree as awarded by the University where they have enrolled.
Estimated duration for completion of the Environmental Consulting program is 500 hours (50 credits)1.
Regarding the distribution of time it states that:
- Since it is a distance program and not subject to classes, a specific start date is not set, so the student can enroll at any time, provided there are spaces available.
- For academic or educational purposes, the program has a three month minimum duration.
- The maximum time available for the program is one year. In this time period, the student must have completed all assessments relating to the courses and, in the case of Major, Post Graduate or Graduate Expert, a Final Study or Project.
The credit structure for the Environmental Consulting Program is found in the following table:
|1st Part: Courses||40||9||400|
|2nd Part: Final Work or Project||10||3||100|
a. The equivalence in credits may vary according to the university that awards the degree
b. Length in months
- To train multidisciplinary environmental professionals that contribute to a new company´s growth or, who wish to maintain and improve their understanding of new business opportunities that reflect environmental values.
- To facilitate the necessary integration of the environmental dimension in an organization´s (business or administration) cultural and technological policies.
- To provide a comprehensive view of sustainable development and its impact on business and society.
- To identify environmental aspects that determine the correct operation of all activities as well as those that maintain the natural state of ecosystems.
- To learn to assess environmental impact of industrial activities.
- To learn to conduct an internal assessment of the company’s environmental status and to develop proposals that respect environmental policies that are also economically viable.
- To adapt an Environmental Management System according to the ISO 14001 standard, to any type of company.
- To become familiar with the basic operations of a Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- To suggest remedial measures to reduce and minimize the impact of pollutants.
- To learn to enforce existing legislation in each environmental discipline.
Some of the career opportunities of Environmental Consulting are:
- Independent environmental consultant.
- Organizational environmental advisor.
- Municipal Environmental Technician.
- Environmental specialist.
- Company Environmental Management System implementation consultant.
The Environmental Consultancy Program consists of fourteen courses and, for a Major, Post Graduate or Graduate Expert, a Final Thesis or Project.
- 1ST PART: SUBJECTS
The objectives of the first part to introduce first, the theoretical, conceptual and historical foundations involved in environmental issues and, second, organizational, social and technological implementation.
The goal is for students to gain an overview of the environmental field, through multidisciplinary related topics.
The corresponding subjects and hours making up the first part are shown in the following table:
|1||Introduction to sustainable development||10|
|6||Climate and environment||20|
|10||Company Environmental Management||40|
|12||Environmental Impact Assessment||40|
|13||Economy and environment||10|
These subjects, are independent yet are structured according to a coherent teaching sequence that facilitates the understanding of increasing complexity. Each course is divided into basic thematic units or chapters, the contents of which include printed material to be studied in order to satisfactorily answer the assessment tests.
- 2ND PART: COURSE FINAL THESIS OR PROJECT
For the programs of Specialization, Post Graduate or Post Graduate Expert, the last phase of the Program is devoted to development of the Final Project, which can be carried out at the same time as the first part if the student prefers.
The objective is to present a document that shows the proposed project’s total development, including the possibility of its practical implementation. The project must refer to one of the areas studied or relationship between areas, both theoretical and applied, always reflecting the given doctrines, theories and disciplines.
|2ND COURSE FINAL THESIS OR PROJECT|
|1||COURSE FINAL THESIS OR PROJECT|
- Dr. Eduardo García Villena. Director of the Environmental Area in the International Ibero-american University (UNINI)
Teaching staff and Authors
- Dr. Ángel M. Álvarez Larena. Dr. in Geology. Prof. at the Autonomous University of Barcelona
- Dr. Roberto M. Álvarez. Prof. of the University of Buenos Aires.
- Dr. Óscar Arizpe Covarrubias. Prof. at the Autonomous University of Baja California Sur, Mexico
- Dr. Isaac Azuz Adeath. Prof. at the Autonomous University of Baja California Sur, Mexico
- Dr. David Barrera Gómez. Doctor from the Polytechnic University of Catalonia
- Dr. Brenda Bravo Díaz. Prof. of the Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana, Mexico
- Dr. Rubén Calderón Iglesias. Prof. of the European University Miguel de Cervantes
- Dr. Leonor Calvo Galván. Prof. of the University of León. Spain
- Dr. Olga Capó Iturrieta. Dr. Industrial Engineering. Prof. of the Research Institute in Agropecuarias, Chile
- Dr. Alina Celi Frugoni. Prof. of the International Ibero-american University
- Dr. José Cortizo Álvarez. Prof. of the University of León. Spain
- Dr. Antoni Creus Solé. Dr. in Industrial Engineering
- Dr. Juan Carlos Cubría García. Prof. of the University of León. Spain
- Dr. Raquel Domínguez Fernández. Prof. of the University of León
- Dr. Luís A. Dzul López. Prof. of the International Ibero-american University
- Dr. Xavier Elías Castells. Director of the By-product Exchange of Catalonia
- Dr. Milena E. Gómez Yepes. Dr. in Project Engineering. Prof. of the University of the Quindio, Colombia
- Dr. Ramón Guardino Ferré. Dr. in Project Engineering. Prof. of the International Ibero-american University
- Dr. Emilio Hernández Chiva. Dr. in Industrial Engineering. Spanish National Research Council, CSIC
- Dr. Cristina Hidalgo González. Prof. of the University of León
- Dr. Francisco Hidalgo Trujillo. Prof. of the International Ibero-american University
- Dr. Víctor Jiménez Arguelles. Prof. of the Autonomous Metropolitan University. Mexico
- Dr. Miguel Ángel López Flores. Prof. of the National Polytechnic Institute (CIIEMAD-IPN)
- Dr. Izel Márez López. Prof. of the International Ibero-american University
- Dr. Carlos A. Martín. Prof. of the National University of the Littoral, Argentina
- Dr. Isabel Joaquina Niembro García. Dr. in Project Engineering. Prof. of the Monterrey Institute of Technology
- Dr. César Ordóñez Pascua. Prof. of the University of León
- Dr. José María Redondo Vega. Prof. of the University of León. Spain
- Dr. Gladys Rincón Polo. Prof. of the Simón Bolívar University, Venezuela
- Dr. José U. Rodríguez Barboza. Prof. of the International Ibero-american University
- Dr. Ramón San Martín Páramo. Dr. in Industrial Engineering. Prof. of the International Ibero-american University
- Dr. Raúl Sardinha. Prof. of the Piaget Institute, Portugal
- Dr. Héctor Solano Lamphar. Prof. of the International Ibero-american University
- Dr. Martha Velasco Becerra. Prof. of the International Ibero-american University
- Dr. Alberto Vera. Prof. of the National University of Lanús, Argentina
- Dr. Margarita González Benítez. Professor at the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Spain
- Dr. Lázaro Cremades Oliver.Professor at the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Spain
- Dr. Pablo Eisendecher Bertin. Attorney, Doctor in Economic and Business Law, Master in Public Law, Master in International Rights and Law, Master in Conflict Resolution and Mediation. Currently occupies the post of Director of the Iberoamerican University Foundation in Chile and Paraguay.
- Dr. (c) Ann Rodríguez. Professor of the Environment Department in FUNIBER
- Dr. (c) Kilian Tutusaus Pifarré. Professor of the Environment Department in FUNIBER
- Dr. (c) Karina Vilela. Professor of the Environment Department in FUNIBER
- Dr. (c) Erik Simoes. Prof. of the International Ibero-american University
- Ms. Omar Gallardo Gallardo. Prof. of the University of Santiago in Chile
- Ms. Susana Guzmán Rodríguez. Prof. of the Central University of Ecuador
- Ms. Icela Márquez Rojas. Prof. of the Technological University of Panama
FUNIBER Training Scholarships
The Ibero-american University Foundation (FUNIBER) periodically delivers an economic baseline with extraordinary character for scholarships in FUNIBER Training.
To apply for it, you only need to send your application for a scholarship on the website’s main page with the required data, and the evaluation committee will examine the suitability of your candidature to be granted economic aid, in the form of a scholarship in FUNIBER Training.