Funiber offers its students the possibility to conveniently learn English online with totally flexible schedule, study rate and setting.In these courses, the student:
- Learns to appropriately use English in real communicative settings about everyday and professional situations.
- Studies all aspects of the English language: grammar, vocabulary, phonetics, spelling, etc.
- Is aware of the sociocultural aspects of English-speaking countries and learns about its important heritage and diversity.
What do we offer?
- Courses designed following the guidelines set by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- Several levels of English, according to the CEFR: A1-A2, B1-B2, and C1.
- An online campus with the Internet communication tools and a monitoring system: individualized and comprehensive reports about the student’s progress.
- Multimedia learning resources: with 37 different activities, such as interactive audio activities, integrated skills (video, recordings), online follow-ups, etc. Also, and depending on the method, there are pronunciation-practice activities with cutting-edge technology for voice recognition.
- Supplementary material to learn about specific language areas: grammar, vocabulary, phonetics, spelling, etc.
- Sociocultural contents that offer a real portrait of the diverse culture and society from English-speaking countries.
- Access to the level test to assess the initial level, to the progression test to certify the level achieved by the student, and to competence tests (preparation for TEIC) to assess the student’s improvement in the language.
- 512 MB of RAM
- 1,5 GHz processor
- 50 Mo available in hard drive.
- 16 million colors or +
- Speakers and microphone (headphones with microphone are recommended)*
- Operating systems: Microsoft Windows® XP SP3 or +, Macintosh OS X v10.5.8 or +, Linux (any version), Android 2.2 or +, iOS 3.2 or +, or Windows Phone 7.5 (8 or + is recommended)
- Access to the Internet or Intranet of 192KB/s (guiding value)
- Administrator rights in the computer during installation.
Independent learning: students sign up for one year and, over that period of time, they complete, on their own (self-study), the courses that their study rate allows them.
Students who successfully complete any of the courses, will receive a certificate issued by UNINI (International Ibero-American University)
The following courses are offered for the independent-learning modality:
|Elementary Level||A.1||60 hours|
|Intermediate Level||B.1||120 hours|
|Advanced Level||C.1||120 hours|
The work hours are approximate and they are for guidance only
The contents for each level are as it follows:
To understand and use the language at an elementary level to meet the basic immediate needs. Introduce themselves and others, ask for and give basic personal information about their address, belongings and people they know. To interact with others in an elementary way, as long as their interlocutor speaks slowly and in a clear way, and is willing to cooperate.
To understand and use the language at an elementary level in quite familiar areas of experience (basic information about themselves and their family, shopping, places of interest, occupations, etc.). To communicate with others in simple and everyday tasks that only require simple and direct information exchanges about areas that are known or common to them. Describe in a simple way, parts of their past and environment, as well as areas related to their immediate needs.
To understand the main topics of clear texts written in standard language, dealing with known issues, either about work, study, or leisure. To perform well in most situations that may arise during a trip around areas where the language is used. To produce easy and coherent texts about familiar or interesting topics to them.
To understand the main ideas in difficult texts that deal with both concrete and abstract topics, even when if they are technical, as long as they are within their field of expertise. To interact with native speakers relatively fluently and naturally, so communication is carried out without any interlocutors’ effort. To write clear and detailed texts about diverse topics, as well as to support a particular point of view on general topics, giving pros and cons for the different options.
To understand a wide variety of extensive and demanding texts, as well as recognizing any implicit sense in them. To express themselves fluently and spontaneously, without clearly showing an effort to find the right expression. To make a flexible and effective use of the language for social, academic and professional aims. To write clear, well-structured and detailed texts about topics with certain degree of difficulty, showing a correct use of text organizational, articulation and cohesion tools.
FUNIBER Training Scholarships
The Iberoamerican University Foundation (FUNIBER) periodically delivers an economic baseline with extraordinary character for FUNIBER scholarships.
To apply for it, you only need to send your application for a scholarship on the website’s main page with the required data, and the evaluation committee will examine the suitability of your candidature to be granted economic aid, in the form of a FUNIBER scholarship.