The Coaching program integrates the concepts related to Coaching as one of the most innovative and effective methodologies for personal development and organizations.
Through the articulation of pedagogical theoretical foundations and discussions of case studies, within a space of interaction promoted by teachers and by the use of a Virtual Campus, a person that culminates the Coaching program will be qualified to:
- Help an individual, organization or team to produce a desired result thanks to the co-creation of awareness and solutions to problems.
- Helping people to set better goals and achieve them.
- Support the client to do/be more than they would have done/been alone.
- Provide focus for the results to be faster.
- Provide the customer with tools, support and structure to achieve a better quality of life, personal and professional development.
Who is the programme for?
The Coaching program is destined to professionals in any business or consulting area with experience in people management.
Professionals of the Coaching world that want to complete their training in the most representative methods of this specialty, and develop the necessary skills to acquire the business language that facilitates working with senior managers.
- Managers who want to improve their abilities to manage their teams.
- Organizational psychologists.
- Professionals from the selection of personnel.
- "Head Hunters".
And all those who want professional training in coaching skills for life and work.
Successful completion of the Program will enable you to be awarded the degree in Coaching.
After successfully completing the Program, the student will receive the degree as awarded by the University where they have enrolled.
The estimated duration of the Coaching program is 400 hours (40 credits)a.
Regarding the distribution of the time it is established that:
- Being a distance program and not subject to classes, a concrete start date is not set, so that students can enroll at any time, provided that there is available space.
- For academic or educational purposes a minimum period of nine months for the program is available.
- The maximum time available for the program is twelve months. In this time period, the student must have successfully completed all activities evaluated and approved the Supervisory Workbook.
The structure of credits of the Coaching program is shown in the following table:
|1st Part: Fundamentals of Coaching||10||3||100|
|2nd Part: Coaching Skills and Competencies||16||5||160|
|3rd Part: Coaching Techniques and Tools||4||1||40|
|4th Part: Final Coursework or Project||10||3||100|
a. The number of credits varies by the university granting the degree
b. Length in months
- The formation of professionals capable of leading coaching processes in the organizational field.
- Develop the core competencies for the Management of People and Teams in highly competitive environments.
- Identify strengths and areas for improvement in organizations.
- Learn the techniques and methodologies applicable to the process of Coaching.
- Understanding the language tools (model conversation), the emotional tools (emotional management) and body (techniques and processes of nonverbal communication).
- Serve as an engine of change in organizations.
- Manage processes where Team Coaching intervenes.
Some of the career opportunities of the Coaching program, among others, are:
- Executive coach of companies and teams.
- Business consultants.
- Professionals and managers at all levels of the organizational pyramid.
- Specialists in personnel selection.
The Coaching program possesses a curricular structure based on 3 sequential formative parts and a Final Coursework or Project, with a total workload of 400 hours:
- 1st Part: Coaching Fundamentals (100 hours)
The relevant subjects and hours that compose the first part are shown in the following table:
|Theoretical Foundations of Coaching||30|
|Theoretical Approaches of Coaching||30|
|Coaching Application Areas||40|
- 2nd Part: Coaching Skills and Competencies (160 hours)
The relevant subjects and hours that compose the second part are shown in the following table:
|Organizational Management and Leadership Techniques||30|
|Interpersonal Communication Techniques||20|
|Conflict Resolution and Negotiation Techniques||30|
|Management Techniques of Work Teams||30|
|Stress and Burnout||30|
|Coach and Coaching Marketing||20|
- 3rd Part: Coaching Techniques and Tools (40 hours)
The relevant subjects and hours that compose the third part are shown in the following table:
These subjects, despite being independent, are self-contained and are structured according to a consistent pedagogical order. Each is divided into basic thematic units or chapters,
whose content includes printed material to be studied to satisfactorily answer the various assessment activities.
- 4th Part: Final Coursework or project (100 hours)
The Final Coursework or Project, whose teaching load is 10 credits, aims to present a complete document that shows the total development of the proposed project also contemplating its practical implementation.
|Final Coursework or project||100|
- Dra. Silvia Aparicio.
Doctora en Ciencias Económicas por la Universidad Autónoma de Madrid y Licenciada en Administración y Dirección de Empresas por la Universidad de Cantabria. Directora Académica Internacional del Área de Desarrollo Directivo, Organización Empresarial y Recursos Humanos de la Fundación Universitaria Iberoamericana, FUNIBER.
- Dr. Cristina Hidalgo González
Doctor in CC. Business Administration from the University of León. Professor of the Department of Applied Economics at the University of León.
- Dr. Rubén Calderón Iglesias
Doctor of Economics from the University Antonio de Nebrija, Spain. Professor of the International Ibero-american University.
- Dr (c). Carmen Lilí Rodríguez Velasco
Doctorate in Education, from the International Ibero-american University (in process). Master in Occupational and Organizational Psychology from the University of Havana, Cuba. International Academic Coordinator of the Management Development Area, Business Organization and Human Resources, FUNIBER.
Teaching staff and Authors
- Dr. Luis Alfredo Rojas Cruz. Psychologist Consultant and Management Coach. Professor of graduate of ICESI Universities Javeriana, del Valle and Autonoma de Occidente, Colombia.
- Dr. Ramón Alzate Saez de Heredia. Doctor in Philosophy and Educational Sciences of the University del País Vasco. Professor of Psychology at the University del País Vasco.
- Dr. Alberto Jorge Acosta. Guest Professor Cátedra UNESCO of University Management in Universidad Politécnica de Cataluña. Associate Professor in the School of Management and Administration (EADA).
- Dr. Saxa Stefani Irizar. Ph.D. in Social Psychology from the University of Barcelona. Master in Education in Teacher Training. Director of the Social Psychology Study Center. Psychologist and professional coach.
- Dr (c). Julién Brito Ballester. Doctorate in Projects, from the International Ibero-american University (in process). Master in Occupational and Organizational Psychology from the University of Havana, Cuba. Master in Human Resources Management from the Autonomous University of Barcelona. Master in Systemic Coaching from the Autonomous University of Barcelona. International Consultant and Expert in Human Resources Management, Training, Development and Professional Skills. Professional Coach.
- Dr (c). Saúl Domingo Soriano. Doctor candidate at the University of León. Master in Business Management from the Catalan Institute of Technology in Barcelona. Master in Consulting and Information Technology e-Business from the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain. Director of Final Project Masters and Specializations, FUNIBER.
- Ms. Carles Labraña Miret. Master’s Program for Management Development at ESADE. License in Business Administration. Idealive Consulting partner. Specialized consultant in management and development of professional relationships.
- Ms. Juanita Acevedo Segura. MBA - Entrepreneurship & Family Business. Master in Marketing. Bachelor in Business Administration.
- Ms. Antonio Vega. Associate degree in Business Administration from ESADE. Master in Human Resources Management and Consulting in Organizations from the University of Barcelona. Coach and Consultant in Strategic Planning, Leadership and Organizational Development. President in Humanize Foundation.
- Ms. María Eugenia Luna Borgaro. Master in Human Resources and Knowledge Management at the University of León, Spain. Expert in Human Resources Management and Management Skills. Professor of FUNIBER.
FUNIBER Training Scholarships
The Iberoamerican University Foundation (FUNIBER) allocates periodically an extraordinary economic item for FUNIBER Training Scholarships.
To apply, please fill out the information request form that appears in the web of FUNIBER or contact directly the Foundation’s headquarters in your country that will inform you if you need to provide some additional information.
Once the documentation is received, the Evaluation Committee will determine your application's eligibility for the FUNIBER Training Scholarship.