Healthcare systems have gradually evolved, becoming increasingly complex structures that require people who are capable of efficiently managing the organizations that comprise them.
Management Skills for Healthcare Management integrates basic concepts, in order to apply the different techniques and tools that can lead to efficiency within healthcare organizations.
Who is the programme for?
The proposed methodology along with the clarity and diversity of the curriculum of the Administrative Skills for Healthcare Management program is designed for healthcare professionals who wish to work in the administration and management of any healthcare establishment, be it public or private.
Successful completion of the Program will enable you to be awarded the degree in Administrative Skills For Healthcare Management.
After successfully completing the Program, the student will receive the degree as awarded by the University where they have enrolled.
The estimated length for the completion of the Administrative Skills for Healthcare Management program is 480 hours (48 credits)1.
Regarding the distribution of time it is established that:
- Being a distance program and not subject to classes, a concrete start date is not set, so students may enroll at any time, provided there are spaces available.
- For academic reasons, this program has a minimum time requirement of six months.
- The maximum amount of time to finish this program is one year. In this time, the student must have turned in all the corresponding assignments, and, in the case of a specialization, the final project.
The credit structure of the Administrative Skills for Healthcare Management program is shown in the following table:
|1st Part: Subjects||38||9||380|
|2nd Part: Final Course Project||10||3||100|
a. The equivalent value of credits can differ according to the university that awards the degree.
b. Length in months.
- To learn fundamental concepts, techniques and tools which may be useful for an effective management of people in healthcare organizations.
- To understand the strategic process of organizational management.
- To learn about techniques in the field of management, strengthening management and decision making skills.
- To learn procedures for the planning, organization, execution and control of management skills in the healthcare business.
- To develop the strategic bases in line with the objectives of the healthcare organization that enable the planning and anticipation of future trends in the fields of human resource management and healthcare organizations.
- To determine and analyze the activities and responsibilities of directors in each field of expertise, and to propose tools to apply to each of the phases of the management process encompassing all areas of knowledge.
The Specialization in Administrative Skills for Healthcare Management program provides tools to improve performance in management positions in hospitals, first care centers, public or private socio-medical centers and NGO. On the other hand, it can improve teaching or research work.
The Specialization Administrative Skills for Healthcare Management program is composed of 12 subjects and a Final Project.
- 1st Part: SUBJECTS (380 HOURS)
The subjects allow the student to learn and comprehend healthcare management, from its theoretical fundamentals to its organizational implementation.
The objective is to acquire a global, integral and holistic view of healthcare management.
The subjects and hours that compose the program are show in the following table:
|1||Strategic Management of Human Resources||40|
|2||Performance Evaluation and Competence Management||30|
|3||Organizational Structure and Change||30|
|4||Business Management and Administration||40|
|5||Healthcare Service Managament||30|
|6||Time management and conducting meetings||30|
|7||Stress and Burnout||30|
|8||Conflict Resolution/Transformation in the Health Field||30|
|9||Organizational Management and Leadership Techniques||40|
|10||Management Techniques for Work Teams||30|
|11||Interpersonal Relationship Techniques||30|
|12||Public Speaking Techniques||20|
These subjects, despite being independent from each other, are self-contained and are structured according to a coherent pedagogical order. Each one is divided in basic topics or chapters, which includes printed material that must be studied in order to successfully answer the various evaluation activities.
- 2nd Part: FINAL PROJECT OF SPECIALIZATION (100 HOURS)
In the case of a specialization or post grade, the final phase of the program will be destined to the elaboration of the Final Project.
|1||FINAL PROJECT OF SPECIALIZATION||100|
- Dr. Maurizio Battino.
Director of the Area of Health and Nutrition from the Ibero-American University Foundation. Researcher in Biochemistry and a teacher at the Scuola di Specializzazione in Scienza dell'Alimentazione.
- Dra. Silvia Aparicio.
Doctora en Ciencias Económicas por la Universidad Autónoma de Madrid y Licenciada en Administración y Dirección de Empresas por la Universidad de Cantabria. Directora Académica Internacional del Área de Desarrollo Directivo, Organización Empresarial y Recursos Humanos de la Fundación Universitaria Iberoamericana, FUNIBER.
General Academic Coordination
- Dr. (c) Irma Domínguez Azpíroz
International Coordinator in the Area of Health.
- Dr. (c) Carmen Lilí Rodríguez Velasco
International Coordinator in the Area of Business Organization, Administrative Development and HR.
- Dr. (c) Vivian Lipari Zegarra
Doctoral candidate. Master in Public Health from the University of Chile and Mg (c) of Health Services Management from the University of Federico Villarreal Peru.
Teaching staff and Authors
- Dr. David Barrera Gómez. Doctor Engineer from the Polytechnic University of Catalonia and has an MBA from the Higher Technical School of Industrial Engineering of Barcelona, UPC. Consultant of business, technology and business solutions. Professor at the Ibero-American International University.
- Dr. Roberto M. Alvarez. Doctor in Project Engineering, from the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Spain. Master in Project Management and Design, by the Polytechnic of Milan, Italy. Professor at the University of Buenos Aires, Argentina. Professor at the Ibero-American International University.
- Dr. Francisco J. Hidalgo Trujillo. Doctor in Project Engineering: Environment, Safety, Quality, and Communication from the Polytechnic University of Catalonia. Advisor and consultant to organizations. Process analyst and strategic business development.
- Dr. Manuel Maeda Takeuchi. Professor of Engineering and Business Administration, University of Piura, Peru. Managerial Experience in administration, corporation projects, operations management and administration and finance.
- Dr. Cristina Hidalgo González. Doctorate in CC. Business from the University of León. Professor at the Department of Applied Economics at the University of León.
- Dr. (c) Saúl Domingo Soriano. Doctoral candidate at the University of León. Master in General Direction of companies by the Catalan Institute of Technology of Barcelona. Master in e-business Consulting and Information Technology from the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain. Director of Final Projects in the Master and Specializations, FUNIBER.
- Dr. (c) Vivian Lipari Zegarra. Doctoral candidate. Master in Public Health from the University of Chile and Mg (c) of Health Services Management from the University of Federico Villarreal Peru.
- Dr. (c) Carmen Lilí Rodríguez Velasco. Doctor in Education, by the Ibero-American International University (in process). Master's degree in occupational psychology and Organizational by the University of Havana, Cuba. Academic Coordinator of the International Management Development Area, Business Organization and Human Resources, FUNIBER.
- Dr. (c) Diana Patricia Cortés Díaz. Doctor in Projects, by the Ibero-American International University (in process of completion). Master's Degree in Human Resources and Knowledge Management at the University of León, Spain. Consulting firm specializing in Labor Law and Social Security. Program Coordinator and Professor at FUNIBER.
- Dr. (c) Ana Godoy Magdaleno. Doctorate in Psychology from the University of the Basque Country (in process of completion). Diploma in Advanced Studies from the University of the Basque Country. Expertise in Mediation: fields of action and techniques applied to the resolution of conflicts, from the Complutense University of Madrid. Academic Coordinator of the Master Program in Conflict Resolution and Mediation and their specializations.
- Ms. María Eugenia Luna Borgaro. Master's Degree in Human Resources and Knowledge Management at the University of León, Spain. Expert in Human Resources Management and Leadership Skills. Professor at FUNIBER.
- Mg. Lucía Odette Castillo. Master in Administration and Human Resources Management (USACH). Head Nurse of the Clinical Hospital at the University of Chile
FUNIBER Training Scholarships
The Ibero-american University Foundation (FUNIBER) periodically delivers an economic baseline with extraordinary character for FUNIBER scholarships.
To apply for it, you only need to send your application for a scholarship on the website’s main page with the required data, and the evaluation committee will examine the suitability of your candidature to be granted economic aid, in the form of a FUNIBER scholarship.