In this program, the fundamental concepts related to directing are integrated in the frame of the organizations and the different techniques and tools that could be useful for an efficient administration of people in organizations.
The importance of human administration in any area of expertise is important since all of them contribute to the creation of values, sustained competitiveness and permanent changes for which it is necessary for the participants in the business project to adapt in a flexible manner in short periods of time.
Without administrators, it would be impossible to accomplish the business objectives; thus, it is necessary for the professionals involved in business management to acquire an integral view of the aspects that most determine the administration of people and organizations and to dominate the instruments, operational techniques and abilities of each area. All this effort would be impossible if the need for the advantages of an ethical and coherent commitment for the presentation of an efficient and professional service is not discovered.
With training programs of this nature and through the pedagogical articulation of theoretical fundamentals and practical cases, the participant will be prepared to use the tools, knowledge, techniques and fundamental procedures in the administration of work teams and organizations.
Who is the programme for?
The proposed training methodology, in addition to the clarity, amplitude and didactics of the design of the content, allows designing the Administrative Abilities program for professionals with business administration responsibilities, without experience, who wish to expand and consolidate their knowledge to apply them in any of the levels of command in the organization and any other public or private business sector.
Successful completion of the Program will enable you to be awarded the degree in Administrative Abilities.
After successfully completing the Program, the student will receive the degree as awarded by the University where they have enrolled.
The estimated length of the completion of the Administrative Abilities program is of 300 hours (30 credits)a.
Regarding the distribution of time, it is established that:
- This being a distance learning program, not subject to face-to-face classes, there is no specific date of initiation, which is why the student can finalize the enrolment process at any time, as long as there are available spaces in the program.
- Due to academic and learning reasons, this program has a minimum length of three months.
- The maximum amount of time to finish this program is 12 months. In this time, the student must have turned in all the corresponding evaluation of the subjects and the Study and Case Resolution, and in the case of the Specialization, the Final Project.
The credit structure of the Administrative Abilities program is shown in the following table:
|1st Part: Subjects||19||6||190|
|2nd Part: Final Project||11||3||110|
a. The equivalent of credits may vary according to the university granting the degree.
b. Length in months.
- To train directive-minded professionals based on the knowledge and use of techniques and tools for the management of human teams and organizations in the frame of integrated management and business systems, with the support of the new information and communication technologies.
- Learning and dominating the most adequate techniques in the field of direction to strengthen management and decision-making abilities.
- Developing the functions and procedures for the planning, organizing, execution and control of the administrative abilities in the organization.
- Create the strategic bases alongside the objectives of the organization in a way that enables planning and anticipating the future shifts in the field of human team and organization administration.
- Identify and analize the activities and responsibilities of the administrators in their respective area of expertise and proposing tools to fulfill each of the phases of the administrative process encompassing each of the areas of knowledge.
Some of the career opportunities for the Administrative Abilities program are:
- Any public or private business sector were administrative functions are performed.
The Administrative Abilities program is composed of 7 subjects and, in the case of the specialization, postgrad or expertise, a Final Project of the course or a Final Project of the specialization.
- 1ST PART: SUBJECTS (190 HOURS)
The program allows to expand the administrative abilities of all professionals with directing responsibilities in the workplace.
The objective is to gain a global view of the topic that adequately prepares specialists for a better performance in the administrative field.
The subjects and hours that compose the program are show in the following table:
|1||Organizational management and leadership techniques||30|
|2||Interpersonal Communication Techniques||20|
|3||Conflict Resolution and Negotiation Techniques||30|
|4||Management Techniques for Work Teams||30|
|5||Time Management and Conducting Meetings||30|
|6||Stress and Burnout||30|
|7||Public Presentation Techniques||20|
These subjects, despite being independent from each other, are self-contained and are structured according to a coherent pedagogical order. Each one is divided in basic topics or chapters, which includes printed material that must be studied in order to successfully answer the various evaluation tests.
- 2ND PART: FINAL PROJECT OF SPECIALIZATION (110 HOURS)
In the case of a specialization, the final phase of the program will be geared towards the development of the Final Project, which will be a monograph on one of the studied topics in the course, applied to the student’s environment.
- Dr. Silvia Aparicio. Doctora en Ciencias Económicas por la Universidad Autónoma de Madrid y Licenciada en Administración y Dirección de Empresas por la Universidad de Cantabria. Directora Académica Internacional del Área de Desarrollo Directivo, Organización Empresarial y Recursos Humanos de la Fundación Universitaria Iberoamericana, FUNIBER.
- Dr. Cristina Hidalgo González. Doctor in Business QC by the University of Leon Professor of the Department of Applied Economics in the University of Leon.
- Dr. Rubén Calderón Iglesias. Doctor in Economics by the Antonio de Nebrija University, Spain. Professor of the International Ibero-american University.
- Dr. (c) Carmen Lilí Rodríguez Velasco. Doctor in Education by the International Ibero-american University (ongoing). Master’s in Occupational and Organizational Psychology by the University of Habana, Cuba. International Academic. Coordinator of the Administrative Development, Business Organization and Human Resources, FUNIBER.
- Dr. (c) Diana Patricia Cortés Díaz. Doctor in Projects by the International Ibero-american University (ongoing). Master’s In Human Resources and Knowledge Management of the University of Leon (Spain) Consultant specializing in Labor Law and Social Security. Academic Coordinator of the Master’s in Strategic Knowledge Administrations and its specializations.
Teaching staff and Authors
- Dr. David Barrera Gómez. Doctor in Engineering from the Catalonia Polytechnic University and an MBA from the Barcelona School of Industrial Engineering, UPC. Business, technology and business solutions consultant. Professor at the Ibero-american International University.
- Dr. Roberto M. Álvarez. Doctor in Project Engineering, from the Catalonia Polytechnic University, Spain. Master in Project and Design Management from the Milan Polytechnic, Italy, Professor at the Buenos Aires University, Argentina. Professor in the Ibero-american International University.
- Dr. Sergio Balarezzo Saldaña. Chancellor of Investigation of the University of Piura, Peru.
- Dr. Francisco J. Hidalgo Trujillo. Doctor in Project Engineering: Environment, Safety, Quality and Communications from the Polytechnic University of Catalonia. Company advisor and consultant. Strategic process analyst and business development.
- Dr. Manuel Maeda Takeuchi. Professor of Engineering Programs and Business Administration, University of Piura, Peru. Management experience in Administration, Corporation Projects, Operation Administration and Administration and Finances.
- Dr. Cristina Hidalgo González. Doctor in Business Administration Quality Control from the University of Leon, Spain. Associate professor in the Applied Economics Department at the University of Leon.
- Dr. Olga Capó Iturrieta. Doctor in Project Engineering: Environment, Quality and Prevention. Civil Industrial Engineer Head of Projects at the Institute of Agricultural Research (IAR), Chile.
- Dr. Eduardo García Villena. Doctor in Project Engineering: Environment, Safety, Quality and Communication from the Catalonia Polytechnic University. Academic Director of the Environmental Area at the Ibero-American University Foundation.
- Dr. Rubén Calderón Iglesias. Doctor in Economics from the University Antonio de Nebrija, Spain. Professor at the Ibero-americana International University.
- Dr. Salvador Rus Rufino. Doctor in Philosophy from the University of Navarra. Doctor in History from the University of Leon. Associate Professor in the University of Leon. Director of the Department of History of the Family Business, University of Leon.
- Dr. (c) Saúl Domingo Soriano. Doctoral candidate at the University of Leon. Master in Business Administration from the Catalonia Institute of Technology, Barcelona. Master in e-Business Consulting and Information Technology from the Las Palmas University in Grand Canaria, Spain. Director of Master and Specializations Final Project, Ibero-American University Foundation (FUNIBER).
- Dr. (c) Diego J. Kurtz. Doctor in Engineering and Knowledge Management from the PPGEGC – UFSC (in process). Master in International Business - Wiesbaden Business School, Germany. Researcher in the Core Management for Sustainability (www.ngs.ufsc.br) and Junior Researcher of the Dynamic SME Project (www.dynamic-sme.org). Program Coordinator and Professor at the Ibero-american University Foundation.
- Dr (c) Julién Brito Ballester. Doctor in Projects, Ibero-american International University (in process). Master in Occupational and Organizational Psychology from the University of Havana, Cuba. Master in Human Resource Management from the Autonomous University of Barcelona. Master in Systemic Coaching from the Autonomous University of Barcelona. International Expert Consultant and Human Resource Management, Training, Development and Professional Skills.
- Dr. (c) Diana Patricia Cortés Díaz. Doctor in Projects, from the Ibero-american International University (in process). Master in Human Resources and Knowledge Management from the University of Leon, Spain. Consultant specializing in Labor Law and Social Security. Program Coordinator and Professor at the Ibero-american University Foundation.
- Dr. (c) Andrea Gutiérrez Jiménez. Doctor in Projects, from the Ibero-American International University (ongoing). Master in Human Resources and Knowledge Management in the University of Leon, Spain Program Coordinator and Professor in FUNIBER.
- Dr. (c) Carmen Lilí Rodríguez Velasco. Doctor in Education, from the Ibero-American International University (in process). Master in Occupational and Organizational Psychology from the University of Havana, Cuba. Academic Coordinator of the International Administrative Development Area, Business Organization and Human Resources and Professor in the Ibero-american University Foundation.
- Dr. (c) Daniela Torrico Villarroel. Doctor in Projects, Marketing Investigation from the Ibero-american International University (ongoing). Master in Business Administration (La Salle Business Administration). Master in Marketing and Commercial Distribution (Polytechnical University of Catalonia). Program Coordinator and Professor in FUNIBER.
- Dr. (c) Lina Pulgarín Osorio. Doctor in Projects, from the Ibero-American International University (in process). Masters in Integrated Management: Prevention, Environment and Quality from the Polytechnic University in Catalonia. Program Coordinator and Professor at the Ibero-american University Foundation.
- Ms. Antonio Vega. Associate Degree in Administration and Management from ESADE. Master in Human Resource Consulting and Administration from the University of Barcelona. Coach and Consultant inn Strategic Planning, Leadership and Organizational Development. Humaniza Foundation President.
- Ms. María Eugenia Luna Borgaro. Master in Human Resource and Knowledge Management from the University of Leon, Spain. Expert on Human Resource Management and Administrative Abilities. Professor at the Ibero-American University Foundation. Master in Psychology.
FUNIBER Training Scholarships
The Iberoamerican University Foundation (FUNIBER) allocates periodically an extraordinary economic item for FUNIBER Training Scholarships.
To apply, please fill out the information request form that appears in the web of FUNIBER or contact directly the Foundation’s headquarters in your country that will inform you if you need to provide some additional information.
Once the documentation is received, the Evaluation Committee will determine your application's eligibility for the FUNIBER Training Scholarship.