Graphology is a discipline that aims to discover and learn the human character and personality through the study and analysis of handwriting and other forms of graphic expression.
Through this discipline, we can recognize the dominant features that determine our behavior; skills, attitudes, and the unconscious desires.
Graphology has a long history of validation in Europe (mainly in French, German, Swiss and Italian universities), in spite of this, there are few specialists with university training in this area. The excellent results verified by private and public companies and by judicial institutions make that more professionals in different interdisciplinary areas to be interested in Scientific Graphology; since it is a versatile, discreet and easily applied discipline and with a high degree of validity, if it is applied with reliable methodology.
The Neuro-writing System is a set of projective, neuro-written techniques, which aims to identify, through the decoding of the writing, the cognitive and psychomorphokinetic qualities of the writer. Its object of study is the graphic path, paying attention to its morphology, its implicit and explicit movements and dimensional relations that exist between the graphic path and the written surface.
The Specialization in Graphology and Neuro-writing is a theoretical-practical program proposed from the approach of the Classic Graphology and the Neuro-writing; it is designed in a way that students can recognize, decode, analyze and perform various graphical constructs and realize a descriptive and graphopsychological report of a subject through our curricular and methodological proposal.
Due to its updated and innovative methodology, both in design and orientation of theoretical contents, - like regular, supervised practical work,- this specialization program is aimed to professionals from different areas who wish to enter or expand their training in this exciting discipline classified within the natural and social sciences and who is interested in knowing their applications, especially in the labor-business field.
Who is the programme for?
The structure of the specialization program is aimed at professionals from various areas who are interested in acquiring knowledge about this scientific discipline: psychologists, pedagogues, psychotherapists, criminologists, human resources consultants, communicators, lawyers, jurists, consultant managers, project managers and others interested in working as graphology experts and/or neuro-writing analysts. People who wish to enter this exciting discipline and who are interested in knowing its applications to develop them on personal, labor-business and organizational fields. In general, professionals who wish to update or enhance their personal and socio-labor skills.
Successful completion of the Program will enable you to be awarded the degree in Specialization in Graphology and Neuro-writing.
After successfully completing the Program, the student will receive the degree as awarded by the University where they have enrolled.
The estimated duration for completing the Specialization in Graphology and Neuro-writing is 420 hours (42 ECTS credits)1.
Regarding time distribution:
- Since it is an on-line course, it does not have a specific starting date, so that the student can register at any time, provided that there is enough place.
- The maximum time available to complete this program is 12 months. In this period of time, the student must have successfully completed all the corresponding assessments, as well as the Final Project.
The credit structure of the specialization in Graphology and Neuro-writing is presented below:
|MODULES (TYPE)||ECTS CREDITSa||TEMPORARY UNITb|
|General Psychology for Graphologists||3||1st semester|
|Graphological Fundamentals||3||1st semester|
|Graphopsychology: Analysis of written behavior||4||1st semester|
|Neuro-writing decoding through Handwriting Dynamics||4||1st semester|
|Neuro-writing decoding of the Graphic Types||4||1st semester|
|Neuro-writing decoding through the Signature||4||2nd semester|
|Practical Seminars: Neuro-writing Intellection I and II with application to Human Resources, Forensic and Educational Area (Mandatory)||4||2nd semester|
|Graphological Test and Projective-graphic Test||3||2nd semester|
|Graphopsychological Portrait: Written communication, preparation and drafting of reports (Mandatory)||3||2nd semester|
|Final Project||10||1st semester
a. One (1) ECTS credit (European Credit Transfer System) corresponds to 10 + 15 hours. If students attend the program in which they are enrolled in a university not belonging to the European Higher Education Area (EHEA), the relationship between credits - hours may vary.
- Getting to know, understanding and mastering the fundamental aspects of Graphology and Neuro-writing, from the rigor of a scientific discipline, in its formal, theoretical and practical aspect, and in its psychosocial context in which it is circumscribed.
- Recognizing, decoding, analyzing various graphical constructions and performing a narrative report of the personality from a neuro-writing graphopsychological proposal and with the objective of developing, finally, a complete report on the personal, intellectual and psycho-social abilities of a subject.
- The FUNIBER’s program of Graphology and Neuro-writing aims to promote the transfer of skills, experiences, methodologies and tools to develop effective professionals and entrepreneurs in the field of Graphology and Neuro-writing.
- Introducing the student to the basic concepts of psychology and graphology, so it enables to understand the corresponding conceptual criteria that a graphologist regularly uses.
- Getting to know the origin and history of Graphology and its main European and Latin American schools. Understanding the current situation of this discipline.
- Identifying and recognizing the personal motivations of an individual when writing.
- Getting to know, understanding and mastering the theoretical guidelines of the scientific graphology, as well as neuro-writing methodologies of evaluation.
- Promoting the knowledge of this discipline and assessing the cognitive, affective and social aspects of a subject through its application.
- Applying this analytical system in order to meet needs and requirements generated within the company in relation to its workers (mobility, definition of roles, potential recruitment, talent management) or, where a clear definition of job profiles and/or professionals is required.
- Guiding students in the development of plans and projects for the personal future and labor projection in this specific area.
Some of the possible career opportunities of the Specialization Program in Graphology and Neuro-writing are the following:
- Neuro-writing Analyst
- Human Resources Consultant
- Specialist in Personnel Selection Processes
- Assistant in Psychological and Psycho-pedagogical Cabinets
- Neuro-writing reeducator
- Trainer in Graphology
The Specialization program in Graphology and Neuro-writing consists of 9 subjects and a research paper or final project (specialization final project).
Subjects (32 credits), Final Project (10 credits), total 42 credits corresponding to 420 school hours.
- 1st Part: SUBJECTS (420 HOURS)
This program is presented as a professional specialization of high added value because the professionals who take on this new formative challenge come from different areas of study, so it is important to note that in our program, a first subject of general psychology will be implemented. This subject will include basic concepts essential to the understanding, comprehension and assimilation of the relationship between psychology, the graphological discipline and the detection of psychological profiles that will serve as a basis for real understanding of this instrument and its correct application in the field of development and personal, social and professional/business work; considering the current social environments of uncertainty, economic crisis and increased competitiveness.
The subjects allow you to know and understand this specialization in Graphology and Neuro-writing, from their basic theoretical and conceptual foundations to the deepening of the own contents and relevant to the course for which the student achieves master and gets a real understanding of the methodology of work from Graphology and Neuro-writing.
The corresponding subjects and credits of the program are shown in the following table:
Description of the Subjects
- GENERAL PSYCHOLOGY FOR GRAPHOLOGISTS:
This introductory subject is conceived in the context of approaching students, especially those who come from areas different to psychology, to the fundamental knowledge of psychological science, and which will enable us to systematize this knowledge and to formulate a general characterization of the functioning of the psychical apparatus through the delimitation of two Basic Processes: Affectivity and Cognition. We will also analyze important aspects such as: memory, attention, motivation, emotion, instinct, behavior, learning, representation, thought, language, perception, consciousness, unconscious and personality.
- INTRODUCTION TO THE STUDY OF PSYCHOLOGY: APPLICATION FIELDS AND THEORETICAL APPROACHES
- PSYCHOLOGY AS A SCIENCE: PSYCHOBIOLOGICAL FUNDAMENTALS
- BASIC PSYCHOLOGICAL PROCESSES
- MEMORY AND ATTENTION.
- LANGUAGE AND THOUGHT.
- SENSATION AND PERCEPTION.
- PERSONALITY AND CHARACTER
- GRAPHOLOGICAL FUNDAMENTALS:
In this subject we will begin a small tour through the history of writing and its evolution to focus on the knowledge of the general principles and the scientific basis that sustain Graphology as a discipline contributing to other social and human sciences. We will present the main schools and associations that currently exist worldwide.
We will learn about the latest developments and research in neuroscience and cognitive neuroscience, which support the relationship write-behavior. We will deepen into the cortical functions involved in the scriptural act; the procedural memory and its implications in the scriptural act
- GRAPHOPSYCHOLOGY: ANALYSIS OF WRITTEN BEHAVIOR:
Graphology is a discipline that aims to discover and recognize the human character and personality through the study and analysis of handwriting and other forms of graphic expression.
Through this discipline, we can recognize the dominant features that determine our behavior; skills, attitudes, and the unconscious desires.
This subject is conceived within the framework of classical graphology learning, considering that the study object of this scientific discipline is handwriting, and any other form of graphic manifestation. From this concept, the different areas and specialties arise within graphology. In this subject, graphic aspects and subaspects, reflex letters and type gestures will be studied.
Graphopsychology allows us, from this perspective, to apply the graphological technique toward a scientific interpretation, about the intellectual, volitional and social qualities of a subject.
- NEURO-WRITING DECODING THROUGH HANDWRITING DYNAMICS:
We will begin learning the scientific graphology with the methodology called Handwriting Dynamics, that enables to decode any graphical construction, from a letter, body of writing, numbers and signatures. In this subject, the student will learn to decode mainly the italics, script and printing, with the purpose of creating a psychological portrait.
- NEURO-WRITING DECODING OF THE GRAPHIC TYPES:
We continue learning about graphology by focusing in the existing graphic genre into the bodies of scripture, in order to delimit the scribe’s neuro-writing stamp and its relationship to those temporary structural and/or not significant traits.
- NEURO-WRITING DECODING OF THE SIGNATURE:
In this subject we will get to know, analyze and learn to weigh different analytical criteria for pure signatures, signatures with flourish and pure flourish, as the distinctive graphical construction of the study subject, which will allow us to reflect the more automated traits and behaviors.
- PRACTICAL SEMINARS: NEURO-WRITING INTELLECTION I AND II WITH APPLICATION TO HUMAN RESOURCES, FORENSIC AND EDUCATIONAL AREA:
Two instances of learning that will allow us to apply the knowledge acquired in a formal way. We will implement the totality of knowledge acquired in the previous subjects about Handwriting Dynamics, Graphic Types and Signatures. We will develop practical exercises focused on the preparation of comprehensive reports, by addressing the handwriting status, as a rule of written and wording presentation; with real cases, oral presentation of results and cases group defense.
- GRAPHOLOGICAL TEST AND PROJECTIVE-GRAPHIC TEST:
In this subject we will approach the projective graphic techniques by first describing the theoretical and practical bases of the graphic tests and their instrumental application as a contributor method of diagnosis and evaluation of the personality. We will make a compilation of the most widely used tests by the graphological discipline and the Neuro-writing System; its indications and contraindications, its implementation and administration.
- GRAPHOPSYCHOLOGICAL PORTRAIT: WRITTEN COMMUNICATION, PREPARATION AND DRAFTING OF REPORTS:
It is important to be familiar with the current regulation and the professional code of ethics of the graphological expert; the personal, professional profile and their competences. This will allow us to adapt our professional endeavor to our geographical, personal and professional reality, in response to the exercise that we make of this profession. Subsequently, we will define and outline the neuro-writing report: the basic elements of analysis, drafting and, in summary, the steps to follow to conclude our work with a report that describes and summarizes in a reliable and consistent manner a particular subject.
- FINAL PROJECT:
The teaching staff will pose the following options to be developed by the student:
- Investigation project on any of the contents developed during the course
- Research project on a topic of interest to the graphological discipline and/or Neuro-writing or of relevance for the student, and that, therefore, it is enriching for the student’s job/professional future.
- Presentation and analysis of real cases: methodology of work, procedures, application area or specialization, preparation of final report and explanation.
- Transfer of learning to their current situation: students who exercise their activity in a professional environment, where the applicability is feasible, will be able to perform a job related with it.
Note: The contents of the academic program may be subject to slight modifications, depending on the updates or the improvements made.
European University of the Atlantic (UNEATLANTICO)
Ibero-American University Foundation (FUNIBER)
- Dr. Rubén Calderón Iglesias. European University of the Atlantic’s Chancellor
- Dr. Silvia Aparicio. PhD in Economics from the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid and Degree in Business Administration and Management from the University of Cantabria. International Academic Director of the Management Development, Business Organization and Human Resources Area of the Ibero-American University Foundation (FUNIBER).
- Ma. Alejandra Sandoval Villalobos. Director and Teacher of the FUNIBER’s Specialization in Graphology and Neuro-writing. Graduated in Psychology and Pedagogy. Primary School Teacher. Educational psychologist. Judicial Handwriting Expert. Graphopsychologist in Family and Professional Orientation. Expert specialist in Graphoanlysis, Graphopathology, and Projective-graphic Test. Master’s Degree in Graphistics, Graphopathology and Forensic Graphology from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona.
- Ma. Evelyn I. Aguilera Arce. Director and Teacher of the FUNIBER’s Specialization in Graphology and Neuro-writing. Baccalaureate in Communication. Handwriting and Documentary expert (INCIC). Graphologist Expert (INCIC). Diploma in Handwriting and Graphology Expertise from the University of Barcelona. Diploma in Documentary and Technological Expertise from the University of Barcelona. Master's degree in Documentology and Graphology from the University of Barcelona.
Teaching staff and Authors
- Mg. Alejandra Sandoval Villalobos. Academic Director and Teacher of the FUNIBER’s Postgraduate Degree in Graphology and Neuro-writing. Graduated in Pedagogy and Psychology. Primary School Teacher. Educational psychologist (US). Graphoanalyst. Judicial Handwriting Expert (UAB). Master's degree in Graphistics, Graphopathology and Forensic Graphology. Graphopsychologist in Family and Professional Orientation (UAB).
- Mg. Evelyn I. Aguilera Arce. Director and Teacher of the FUNIBER’s Postgraduate Degree in Graphology and Neuro-writing. Academic Director of the Instituto de Técnicas Neuroescriturales (INGPEC). Director of Veritart (company expertise in artwork). Baccalaureate in Communication (UNIACC). Handwriting and Documentary expert (INCIC). Graphologist Expert (INCIC). Diploma in Handwriting and Graphology Expertise (UB). Diploma in Documentary and Technological Expertise (UB). Master's degree in Documentology and Graphology (UB).
- Sara Cervelló Pomar. Teacher of the FUNIBER’s Postgraduate Degree in Graphology and Neuro-writing. Director of Grafo formación y Grafo peritaje. Diploma in Criminology and Criminal Policy and in Private Investigation (UB). Diploma in Graphistics, Graphopathology and Forensic Graphology. Postgraduate Degree in Criminology (UAB).
- Mg. Manuel J. Moreno. Teacher of the FUNIBER’s Postgraduate Degree in Graphology and Neuro-writing. Teacher of Graphistics and Documentology at the University Foundation Behavior and Law. President of the Asociación Colegial de Peritos Calígrafos de Asturias and theInstituto de Grafología Analítica. Graduated in Psychology (UNED). Psychotherapist. University Specialist in Clinical Hypnosis (UNED) and University Expert in non-verbal Behavior (UCJC). Master's degree in Graphistics, Graphopathology and Forensic Graphology (UAB).
- Mg. Leticia Perinat. Teacher of the FUNIBER’s Specialization in Graphology and Neuro-writing. Technical Director of the Master’s Degree in Handwriting and Documentology Expertise at UMH and University Foundation Behavior and Law. Graduated in Psychology. Graduated in Criminology. Master of Advance Study in Research Sufficiency. Certificate of Pedagogical Aptitude. Forensic expert in Graphistics and Graphopsychology.
- Dra (c). Carmen Lilí Rodríguez Velasco.PhD in Education from the Iberoamerican International University (in process). Master’s Degree in Labor and Organizational Psychology, University of La Havana, Cuba. International Academic Coordinator of the Management Development, Business Organization and Human Resources Area, FUNIBER.
- Jorge Marcich Colina. Commercial Engineer in Economics from the USACH. Certified Instructor in Mind Mapping. PhD in Communication from the UNIACC (in process).
- Dra (c). Julién Brito Ballester. PhD in Projects from the Iberoamerican International University (in process). Master’s Degree in Labor and Organizational Psychology, University of La Havana, Cuba. Master's Degree in Human Resources Management from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. Master's Degree in Systemic Coaching from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. International Consultant and Expert in Human Resources Management, Training, Development and Professional Skills. Professional Coach.
- Ms. Antonio Vega. Diploma in Business Administration and Management from ESADE. Master's Degree in Human Resources Management and Consulting in Organizations from the University of Barcelona. Coach and Consultant in Strategic Planning, Leadership and Organizational Development. President in Fundación Humaniza.
- Dr. Ramón Alzate Saez de Heredia. PhD in Philosophy and Education Sciences from the University of the Basque Country. Psychology Professor at the University of the Basque Country.
- Dr. José Antonio Esquivel. Holder teacher at the University of Granada. University of Granada’s Institution of Peace and Conflicts Investigation.
- Ms. Carlos Romera. Master's Degree in Criminology. University Center for Conflict Transformation GEUZ.
- Ms. Alejandro Marcelo Nató. Master's degree in Neuro-Linguistic Programming. Master’s Degree in Mediation and Conflict Resolution. Carter Center's Consultant in Media and Social Conflicts in Bolivia.
FUNIBER Training Scholarships
The Iberoamerican University Foundation (FUNIBER) allocates periodically an extraordinary economic item for FUNIBER Training Scholarships.
To apply, please fill out the information request form that appears in the web of FUNIBER or contact directly the Foundation’s headquarters in your country that will inform you if you need to provide some additional information.
Once the documentation is received, the Evaluation Committee will determine your application's eligibility for the FUNIBER Training Scholarship.