International Cooperation Projects
Thanks to its extensive and varied international and global experience in education, training and their knowledge of the countries where they operate, The Ibero-American University Foundation (FUNIBER) has been continuously involved in the transfer of knowledge, technology and human and social capital since the year 2002 through two different types of projects: (I) projects in design, management and execution of cooperation and economic development, and (II) projects for the training of agents involved in cooperation and economic development projects, addressing the need to collaborate and cooperate in complex processes such as:
- The reduction of malnutrition as a base for the dignified development of society by looking for project initiatives that improve living conditions in a sustainable way.
- The increase of the effective capacity of communities for generating projects of high interest to international bodies in order to support viable projects (such as technical consulting) from an international aid point of view.
- The increase of democracy as a base for equality and justice through the training of sensitive and responsible community development agents, social participation and local , development that respects humans, environment and good government.
FUNIBER develops projects based on 5 pillars and two lines of work.
- Individuals with their own identity and also as part of a society that they embrace and, that embraces them in the search and desire for human development.
- Equality and non-discrimination in diverse aspects with a special emphasis on civilian participation, socioeconomic origins, culture, gender, education, language and/or race.
- Diversity as an infinite source of wealth and social and personal growth, thereby constructing a base for the innovation, development, and improvement of networks, infrastructures and cognitive, social, economic and productive systems.
- Dignity of the participants, respecting national and local identities, ensuring participation, cooperation and collaboration and respecting the society and the environment with activities and sustainable results.
- Respect for local, national, regional and international legislation, norms, traditions and social processes.
Line of Work
- Geographical. Capitalizing on FUNIBER’s university and institutional networks relationships are established and developed for the purpose of creating bonds of peace and solidarity between peoples and nations. This enables the achievement of various projects: articulation of professional cooperative network building solidarity within communities and/or dissemination of knowledge, good practices and/or learning.
- Sectorial. Making efficient use of the infrastructure of the FUNIBER network, highly useful knowledge with immediate impact in specific sectors is generated. This enables the carrying out of projects such as: business development, technological projects for the improvement and support of professionals in developing countries, training of experts in cooperation projects, city technician training projects and/or projects for the improvement of skills in specific areas
- Training program aimed at boosting tourism and business in El Salvador (El Salvador)
- Design and Implementation of a program for the separation of solid wastes in residential areas that includes those generated in the public markets in the cities that dispose of their waste in the new Mondoñedo Landfill.
- Sustainable Beaches: Development of a comprehensive system of solid waste management and environmental management for tourist beaches and their area of influence. (Ecuador)
- From the Economy of Subsistence to the Productive Economy (Nicaragua)
- Design and Implementation of the Online School of Mercosur (Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay)
- Training Service Provider (Bogotá, Colombia)
- Training of technicians and municipal managers to strengthen the regional development of Quetzaltenango (2nd phase) (Guatemala)
- Participation in CYTED 2009 Training Conferences on Food Safety in Ibero-America (Florianopolis, Brazil)
- Participation in CYTED 2009 Training Conferences on Infrastructure Asset Management (IAM) for Urban Water Systems (Florianopolis, Brazil)
- Software for asset reuse techniques and their application to engineering requirements assets (Lima, Peru)
- Continuing education plans for trainers and teachers of Guatemala (Guatemala)
- Intelligent Management System of Computer Vulnerabilities (IMSCV) - (Ecuador)
- Integrated Transport System led by the Municipality of Florencio Varela (Argentina)
- System forecasts with optimized algorithms for SMEs (PROGNOS) (Ecuador)
- Training Experts in the Formulation and Management of Cooperation Projects in the City of Guatemala (Guatemala)
- Training of Technicians and Municipal Managers for the regional development of Quetzaltenango (Guatemala)
- Self-sustainable towns through agro-nutritional formulas (Argentina)
- Creation, Management, and Administration of Projects (Haiti)
- Creating intercultural materials for teaching and learning of languages (European Union)
- Training Experts in Design, Management and Project Management (Bolivia)
- Strengthening of International Cooperation Skills (Peru)
- Pilot project for the information system NUTRIBER: a training tool for nutritionists (Spain)
- Teaching Culture (European Union)
- Development of the Industrial area of the City of Puerto Deseado, Santa Cruz Province (Argentina)
- Promotion of innovative teaching experiences supported by ICT (on-site education) (Bolivia)
- Promotion of innovative teaching experiences supported by ICT (virtual) (Bolivia)
- Creation and Design of International Cooperation Projects (Peru)
- Management of the Intinimayu Microbasin (Bolivia)
- Design and Development of an Innovative Incubator Model (Argentina)